cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa - APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa - APPROVED!!

I am flipping out!  

Long story short, both my hubby & I were self-employed and had to shut down both of our businesses in late 2018 for different circumstances.  Due to our age, mostly, and my hubby being self-employed for decades, we both struggled to find regular jobs.  I started back up with an old employer in July 2019 and hubby finally found employment in early 2020.  In October 2019, I had a TIA (mini-stroke) and had to have a cardiac stent and also carotid artery surgery.  Since I had just started working again, we didn't have health insurance.  Before then, we were selling our furniture and stuff out of our house and borrowing from my mom to stay alive.  Did a loan mod on our mortgage in April 2020.  Anyways, my credit went down the crapper and medical bills mounted.  Thankfully, the hospital wrote off my stay as a charity case, but the labs, doctors, etc. still sent bills.

My 11 year old Chevy Cobalt finally croaked a year ago, and I financed a used 2019 Chevy Sonic in June 2020.  That's when the reality of having my credit tank really hit home - 7 year loan at 14.11%.  OUCH!  Time to fix this ish!!

I did what I suppose most of us do when rebuilding.  Paid off many collections, got a Fingerhut account, a Credit One card, and a Capital One Platinum.  Added a Mission Lane to that list this past March.  Have been eyeing the Amazon Prime Rewards card and also a PenFed card.  On a whim, I pulled the trigger on the Amazon card last Monday and SHABAM!!  My largest credit limit yet at $4500 CL and a $150 bonus gift card!!  I thought for sure I would be denied, so this is kinda freaking me out!!!

DP - 

Current FICO 8:

Experian (this is what Chase pulled for the Amazon card) - 636

TU - 683

EQ - 635

Besides many late payments on my mortgage, I have 2 collections on EQ (one medical still left to take care of, and one Comcast which I think is fraud and waiting on validation) and the same medical collection on EX.

Fingerhut - $1600 (opened 10/20 at $500 SL) 

Capital One - $400 (opened 10/20 at $300 SL, PC to Quicksilver in Jan 2021)

Credit One - $300 (opened 10/20 at $300 SL)

Mission Lane - $300 (opened 3/21 at $300 SL)

Amazon Prime Rewards - $4,500

I am so grateful for everyone's stories and helpful advice to get me back on track!!  WOO HOO!!  Onward and upward!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa - APPROVED!!

Congrats on your Chase Amazon Prime Rewards approval 👍🏼🎉

Message 2 of 14
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Amazon Prime Rewards approval

Message 3 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amazon Prime Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval, and many wishes for your continued success and rebuild!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 14
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! 

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 14
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 7 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your continuing success Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!  Great work on the bounce back!

Message 9 of 14
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and your rebuild! I'm sure that SL felt like an extra win too, and from Chase no less lol. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.