Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa (30 Day) - Update Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Visa (30 Day) - Update Approved

I just applied for the Amazon Prime Visa. I have 799+ credit scores on all bureaus. My 799 is a FICO 8. 1 Inquiry early January 2018 (Citi DoubleCash which was approved) and 1 inquiry in March of 2016. No negatives. Credit Card use below 10%. I now have 4 credit cards to my name. Maybe I keep getting 30 day messages because my credit history is older than I am due to parents adding me as an authorized user on their card(s) which were opened before I was born and those cards are still active. My personally opened oldest card (that is still open) is about 6 years old with perfect payment history.

With Cash+ getting rid of bookstore (just found out today) I realized I need the Prime card so rather than think about it for weeks just to do it anyways I just went ahead and applied. 30 day notice.

- I called the back door # who forwarded me to identity verfication then identity verification said I would get a letter in 1 to 2 weeks regarding my application.
-I re-called back the back door number since my identification process was now taken care of. Smiley Sad The lady at the backdoor number said the same thing

I was not instantly approved for Citi either (I had to verify income & identity). My phone call with Citi went basically the exact same way.

Will my one recent inquiry hurt me?
Thoughts?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa (30 Day)

There's really no point in trying to circumvent the verification process to speed things up if they've already informed you on next steps.

My recommendation is to exercise some patience, wait for the letter which will have the information that's needed to complete the entire verification process.

I would imagine this would lean towards an approval. So, be patient. Calling back is only going to generate the same answer.

Given recent data breaches, it's no surprise some institutions are taking extra measures to ensure the individual is verified.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa (30 Day)

I only called back a second time because the verification helpline sounded overseas so I figured they had limited info. That’s why I called back what seemed to be the U.S. phone number.

I’ll wait for the letter now.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Says One Thing/Chase Says Another

Got a phone call today to verify identitiy then process my credit card app for the Prime Rewards Visa Signature. I was congratulated on my $8500 Starting Limit via telephone. Then my email from Amazon Congratulated me on my $5000 starting limit.

I called the Chase backdoor # to confirm my starting limit and it is $8500.

Kind of weird that happened.

Message 5 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Says One Thing/Chase Says Another

Not really because some folks have gotten a higher approval than their initial email.... after processing... and that sounds about right for the amount.

Congrats..

Kinda wish I got that on the AZPCV =)

-J

Message 6 of 11
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Got a phone call today to verify identitiy then process my credit card app for the Prime Rewards Visa Signature. I was congratulated on my $8500 Starting Limit via telephone. Then my email from Amazon Congratulated me on my $5000 starting limit.

I called the Chase backdoor # to confirm my starting limit and it is $8500.

Kind of weird that happened.

Tell them to combine the two for the confusion! 😎😝😎😝 13,500 boi!

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, superb limit for the Amazon cardSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

The approval notices via Amazon always are $5k. Mine was too but via Chase it was $6500. The number Chase gave you will be correct. I think it's just a Amazon glitch. Don't worry about it...it's pretty much a known glitch.

Message 9 of 11
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

If only they would glitch an approval for me.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.