Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa Approval

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa Approval

@Credit_Aficionado wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 23.16.35.png

So very excited for this approval. I applied for the Chase Freedom 2 years back and was denied. I've been reading about how Chase is as a credit issuer, as well as the recent developments with all credit issuers with the development of COVID. I wasn't all that optimistic... I've used Amazon a lot, from decorating my new apartment to getting textbooks and supplies, so I am looking forward to earning rewards for my puchases.

4/24: Aug 1st, 2020

Income: 30k (College Student)

HP: Equifax & Experian

Congratulations, that is a very useful card to have. One of my favorites. Just be careful not to click yourself into financial ruin. Amazon can become an addiction.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 11 of 21
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.  It's a great card if you use Amazon (Prime especially).  Chase throws other offers from time to time that make the card even more appealing.

When the initial approval shows a $5000 limit, often the card was really approved for more.  Once you get the card and can log in to Chase you'll see your real limit.  If you already have Chase accounts and a login the card should show up now.

Message 13 of 21
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

So very excited for this approval. I applied for the Chase Freedom 2 years back and was denied. I've been reading about how Chase is as a credit issuer, as well as the recent developments with all credit issuers with the development of COVID. I wasn't all that optimistic... I've used Amazon a lot, from decorating my new apartment to getting textbooks and supplies, so I am looking forward to earning rewards for my puchases.

When I applied in mid 2016 I got 5k then when I got the card in the mail it was 9k.

Message 14 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 15 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the Prime approval Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 17 of 21
Credit_Aficionado
Valued Member

Appreciate the insight! That would be awesome Smiley Happy @Anonymous @Cory88 

Message 18 of 21
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

WOW!!! That is a great staring limit fot that Chase card!!!

Congratulations on the approval!

It is my favorite card to use :-)

Thank you for posting your story!

Many happy swipes,or clicks, to you :-)

Cheers

Technically with the emergence of the chips, contactless cards, and considering this card I only used online, we need new terms. I have not actually swiped a card in a long time. The term might just be so ingrained in society that it is permenant though. We still say dial the telephone number, but how long has it been since we actually do dial a number. They also still say cut a record, and for a long time they stopped actually making records that are cut in vinyl. I think that is making a slight comeback though. I suspect it might not be long until they actually remove the magnetic strip on credit cards. EDIT::: I want to say, I for one am glad to see a resurgence of vinyl records especially if paired with a really high end tube style amplifier. I don't care if digital media has less distortion, there is just something that can't be explained that makes an actual record more enjoyable. No way I can explain it, and perhaps it takes the listener back in time when the classic albums were made, I just know it is an enhanced experience for many. Just please do not bring back bell bottom jeans. A woodstock type of event to celebrate the end of the pandemic, if and when it ends, would be good though. I so miss the late 60's and 70's. Truly the absolute best time ever for really great music. Music made today just does not compare at all with music then, not even close.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically with the emergence of the chips, contactless cards, and considering this card I only used online, we need new terms. I have not actually swiped a card in a long time. The term might just be so ingrained in society that it is permenant though. We still say dial the telephone number, but how long has it been since we actually do dial a number. They also still say cut a record, and for a long time they stopped actually making records that are cut in vinyl. I think that is making a slight comeback though. I suspect it might not be long until they actually remove the magnetic strip on credit cards. EDIT::: I want to say, I for one am glad to see a resurgence of vinyl records especially if paired with a really high end tube style amplifier. I don't care if digital media has less distortion, there is just something that can't be explained that makes an actual record more enjoyable. No way I can explain it, and perhaps it takes the listener back in time when the classic albums were made, I just know it is an enhanced experience for many. Just please do not bring back bell bottom jeans. A woodstock type of event to celebrate the end of the pandemic, if and when it ends, would be good though. I so miss the late 60's and 70's. Truly the absolute best time ever for really great music. Music made today just does not compare at all with music then, not even close.

Wow... way off topic but I agree about vinyl and old school audio gear.  I'm into that stuff too, though I don't have a tube amp, just a tube phono preamp, but I love the sound of vinyl on a good setup as well.  And about music too, they don't make it like they used to.

Also remember the days that we would use rabbit ears or a roof antenna with rotor to watch TV.  I still do, but only because cable/satellite has gotten ridiculously overpriced.

Maybe take your new Amazon card and order some vinyl on Amazon with it. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.