Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa Card auto luv!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Visa Card auto luv!!

I logged into my Chase Amazon Prime Visa card to pay my bill today...and lo and behold they gave me a $2500 CLI!!!  Which is interesting because it started at $2000 about 9 months ago, then after no more than 2-3 months, they bumped it up to $3000....and now it's $5500, totally out of the blue, about 9 months after I got the card.

I LOVE getting "stealth" CLIs.  Makes my day. :-)

What are other's experience with this card and luv?  I know not to request an increase since Chase always hard pulls (true)?...wondering how often the auto-luv happens.  I'm assuming they soft pull from TransUnion....mine is about 692 right now. 

Also, at about what FICO score (TU?) does Chase start showing preapprovals for other cards in the app / website?

14 REPLIES 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa Card auto luv!!

I received a CLI at the four-month mark. Because this is recent, it's too soon to expect that they'd give me another one. A friend says that she received a CLI at three months, but it may have been four.

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy they did the hard part for you, lol, with no hp. AwesomeSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I logged into my Chase Amazon Prime Visa card to pay my bill today...and lo and behold they gave me a $2500 CLI!!!  Which is interesting because it started at $2000 about 9 months ago, then after no more than 2-3 months, they bumped it up to $3000....and now it's $5500, totally out of the blue, about 9 months after I got the card.

What are other's experience with this card and luv?  I know not to request an increase since Chase always hard pulls (true)?...wondering how often the auto-luv happens.  I'm assuming they soft pull from TransUnion....mine is about 692 right now. 

Also, at about what FICO score (TU?) does Chase start showing preapprovals for other cards in the app / website?

Two questions for you.  One, what is your typical Amazon monthly spend on this card and payment pattern?  Two, how has your score/profile changed between this account opening and now?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing! They've never given me an auto CLI and I've used that card heavily.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Two questions for you.  One, what is your typical Amazon monthly spend on this card and payment pattern?  Two, how has your score/profile changed between this account opening and now?

My Experian and TransUnion (they pulled both) were around 700 last June when I applied.  Experian is now 756 or so (collection account fell off), but TransUnion still has a collection account so its now 692 or so.  I've used the card extensively, but always paid it in full each month, sometimes 2 payments.  I think the highest balance I ever had was about $800 but again, I paid if off immediately.  (Not all Amazon purchases, I used it a lot outside of Amazon).  So, probably about $500 average monthly spend on it.

Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Amazing! They've never given me an auto CLI and I've used that card heavily.

The auto-luvs have surprised me both times.  The first was the MOST surprising, though, because it was literally IN the third month that I had the card, and it went from $2000 to $3000.  (I had used the card quite a bit in the first two months, since I went on a vacation that I had saved $500 cash for, so ALL the spend went on the Amazon Visa and I just paid it right off.)  :-)

Then, recently, I was using it rather heavily (see other post).  The irony is that now I have a ton of other cards to use, so this card is now only for Amazon purchases.  :-)

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Experian and TransUnion (they pulled both) were around 700 last June when I applied.  Experian is now 756 or so (collection account fell off), but TransUnion still has a collection account so its now 692 or so.  I've used the card extensively, but always paid it in full each month, sometimes 2 payments.  I think the highest balance I ever had was about $800 but again, I paid if off immediately.  (Not all Amazon purchases, I used it a lot outside of Amazon).  So, probably about $500 average monthly spend on it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.  Does anyone know what bureau Chase uses for their SPs following approval for a card?  Sometimes it can be the same, sometimes it's different.  With Amex for example, they pull HP EX usually upon apping, and SP EX going forward on your account and provide you that score.  With Discover, they may pull EQ when you app, but they use TU going forward for their monthly SPs.

I'm not a Chase cardholder so I do not know the answer to this.  Which bureau do they use post-account opening for their monthly monitoring of your score?

I got to thinking about this because if they don't use TU at all monthly, aside from that initial HP perhaps they haven't thought about your collection in nearing a year now since it wouldn't be seen if they use EX, for example?

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comgrats! Seems Chase likes the 9 mo Mark from what I have seen lately. Here's hoping I get the same love on Mo #9. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first increase I think is pretty predictable from Chase, a lot of people get that 1st increase at the 3 or 4 month mark. But the second increase not so much.
I've had my Amazon card for 4 years and received my 1st increase at month 4 and haven't received another since.
Chase and I had always been in a wrestling match, with no one winning. I don't use the card because they won't increase my limit and they won't increase my limit because I don't use the card. Which is a shame because I've always liked having the card.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.