cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa Card auto luv!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa Card auto luv!!

I think that's the story that many have, not just with chase. I've gone down the same path with capital one. I used to give them a solid monthly spend, but after 2 or 3 not enough use of current limit denials, it found my SD and has been hanging out there ever since. It's sort of a lose-lose situation when this happens with a card, IMO.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats wired on your sweet Chase Amazon auto ❤️! 😊
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My Experian and TransUnion (they pulled both) were around 700 last June when I applied.  Experian is now 756 or so (collection account fell off), but TransUnion still has a collection account so its now 692 or so.  I've used the card extensively, but always paid it in full each month, sometimes 2 payments.  I think the highest balance I ever had was about $800 but again, I paid if off immediately.  (Not all Amazon purchases, I used it a lot outside of Amazon).  So, probably about $500 average monthly spend on it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.  Does anyone know what bureau Chase uses for their SPs following approval for a card?  Sometimes it can be the same, sometimes it's different.  With Amex for example, they pull HP EX usually upon apping, and SP EX going forward on your account and provide you that score.  With Discover, they may pull EQ when you app, but they use TU going forward for their monthly SPs.

I'm not a Chase cardholder so I do not know the answer to this.  Which bureau do they use post-account opening for their monthly monitoring of your score?

I got to thinking about this because if they don't use TU at all monthly, aside from that initial HP perhaps they haven't thought about your collection in nearing a year now since it wouldn't be seen if they use EX, for example?

I may have some more info next week.  I get to request Equifax and TransUnion credit reports; I'll check the account review inquiry sections of mine to see if Chase pulled either or both.  Of course that won't tell us anything about Experian (unless there are no soft pulls on either one).  :-)  Will post when I find out.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I may have some more info next week.  I get to request Equifax and TransUnion credit reports; I'll check the account review inquiry sections of mine to see if Chase pulled either or both.  Of course that won't tell us anything about Experian (unless there are no soft pulls on either one).  :-)  Will post when I find out.

Sounds good.  Do you use any free monitoring software?  Thinks like CK for example could possibly let you know right away if the pulls landed on the bureaus they provide info on.

Message 14 of 15
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The first increase I think is pretty predictable from Chase, a lot of people get that 1st increase at the 3 or 4 month mark. But the second increase not so much.
I've had my Amazon card for 4 years and received my 1st increase at month 4 and haven't received another since.
Chase and I had always been in a wrestling match, with no one winning. I don't use the card because they won't increase my limit and they won't increase my limit because I don't use the card. Which is a shame because I've always liked having the card.

That describes my relationship with Discover It....I Discover it does not wish to give me increases, so Discover it does not get use. Stalemate. Sometimes I think credit card issuers hold it against me just because I satisfy the spend for their SUB, and then rarely use their card and always PIF. It is almost as if they hope to make money off of their cards...some people.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.