cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime Visa - Yet Again!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Prime Visa - Yet Again!

Congratulations, UncleB. Any start is a good start imho. Enjoy!

Message 51 of 82
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, UncleB. Any start is a good start imho. Enjoy!

I completely agree... thanks so much, my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 82
JamP
Valued Contributor

Congratz Bro, hopefully they give you plentiful auto increases.

I wish I would have waited, I would rather a Chase card then Sync. 

If I had to do it again I would have applied for the Chase Amazon and possibly Lowe's later on, since I am watching my exposure with Sync.

Unfortunately I don't really see a reason to have both the Storecard and Chase, unless someone sees something I don't?

On a side note... I wish Chase would give me a little love on my AARP to get it to a Visa Signature but I only use it for gas and restaurants.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 53 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, UncleB, this is an awesome note to end on - Congratulations! SL can be tampered with, and with your great APR on this card, you'll be sitting real pretty! Happy that it all worked out for you! Unfortunately, one score usually gets beat up more than the other two - for me it's TU. Your EQ score will bounce back and edge closer to your other scores once your recent activity starts to blend and age.  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep** it! Can't resist the urge.. Argghh!! I gave in..

I appd and got an instant approval for 2K. It says I was approved for the Regular Visa Card though, not the Prime, well I did not even get an offer or find anywhere to find the Prime and Yes I'm a Prime member.

I called CSR and was told I did it correctly and once the system finds out that I am a Prime member it will convert me to the Prime Visa Card.

I asked them what about my $70 GF sign up bonus? I was only credited $50.

They said to call back in 48hrs if things don't get sorted out.

We shall see.. Looking fwd to that METAL CARD!

Message 55 of 82
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I appd and got an instant approval for 2K. It says I was approved for the Regular Visa Card though, not the Prime, well I did not even get an offer or find anywhere to find the Prime and Yes I'm a Prime member.

I called CSR and was told I did it correctly and once the system finds out that I am a Prime member it will convert me to the Prime Visa Card.

Change the payment method in Amazon to the new card and see if it updates your status there.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 56 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rooeez wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Change the payment method in Amazon to the new card and see if it updates your status there.

Wish that was easy with the card with me. Its asking me to enter the whole card number. Just got approved today, I can only see the last 4 digits.

Message 57 of 82
rooeez
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rooeez wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish that was easy with the card with me. Its asking me to enter the whole card number. Just got approved today, I can only see the last 4 digits.

Oh, I app'd through Amazon when I was checking out. After the approval, it automatically updated the payment method with the new card even though I didn't have the number.

| TCL = $370,350 | TU FICO 8: 790| EX FICO 8: 815| EQ FICO 8: 794|
Message 58 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

and when I was checking out I used the balance of the GC sign up bonus..

Message 59 of 82
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@JamP wrote:

Congratz Bro, hopefully they give you plentiful auto increases.

I wish I would have waited, I would rather a Chase card then Sync. 

If I had to do it again I would have applied for the Chase Amazon and possibly Lowe's later on, since I am watching my exposure with Sync.

Unfortunately I don't really see a reason to have both the Storecard and Chase, unless someone sees something I don't?

On a side note... I wish Chase would give me a little love on my AARP to get it to a Visa Signature but I only use it for gas and restaurants.

Thanks so much my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

I know what it's like for the timing to be off on something like this... I've been in the same boat more than once.  The Sync card isn't bad by any means... heck, until a couple of days ago it was even the preferred card! 

Chase is strange, indeed.  I made a purchase yesterday to try to help push along the update to my Chase dashboard, but afterwards I realized my purchase was from a Marketplace vendor, so the charge won't hit right away.  This AM I made another purchase, this time being careful to buy something that is from Amazon-proper, and it went through (using the new card as the payment source) but the Chase dashboard still hasn't updated.

Hopefully your AARP will get the 'luv' it needs, and in time my Amazon will get a little boost as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.