Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Prime with Appers remorse

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime with Appers remorse

Appers remorse

19.24% APR and 4500$ limit..

Makes the Amazon Chase less useful than i anticipated...

Into the SD it goes

-J

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Prime with Appers remorse

Congrats on the card!  Why remorse?  And can you share your details..uti? score? inquiries?  I'm still on the fence if I want to app for this card myself.  

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! i always say slerp on it a couple of nights an see if you still regret apping.

I had some regret at first with my RedCard and the starting limit but after 2 statements Im in love with it! An would not want to be without it!

I hope you get that warm fuzzy feeling when it arrives and you start using it Jolt! Afterall it is metal an metal is a guys bestfriend.
Message 3 of 27
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover Fico 755

Ex FICO 747 (the EX Chase pulled was 754)

UTI 10% on TU 9%on EX

Inq ..(5 total on all reports from what I see)

Only seeing an EX inquiry for the card itself

Its the principle of getting the worst APR on the card more than anything...

If that makes sense..

And if they gave me the crappiest rate with a decent score.. at least they could have put me at 5K

-J

Message 4 of 27
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

my limit was actually higher once the card showed up on my online profile than it said it was in the approval email. I'm sure it's a typical YMMV situation but I think my email said 5K approval and it was actually 8.5K

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 5 of 27
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

my limit was actually higher once the card showed up on my online profile than it said it was in the approval email. I'm sure it's a typical YMMV situation but I think my email said 5K approval and it was actually 8.5K

I was hoping for that too.

Nope..

Already spent the gift card plus the difference.. (still 4.5k)

Current balance
Open information dialog: Current balance
$0.00
Available credit$4,492.79
Amazon Prime Rewards
Next payment dueMar 11, 2017
Minimum payment due
Open information dialog: Minimum payment due
$0.00
Balance on last statement$0.00
Automatic payment is Off Set up
Message 6 of 27
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

You can always call to recon the SL & APR.
Didn't you app for the card for the 5% cashback?  Did you intend on carrying a balance on this card?  Do you intend to spend $4K+ on Amazon a month?
If it's just an ego thing, well you're only hurting yourself by sd-ing the card and forgoing 5% cash back.  

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for a Chase co-branded card and consolidate your limits. I'm sure you will get another $5k upon approval.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Its the principle of getting the worst APR on the card more than anything...

If that makes sense..

And if they gave me the crappiest rate with a decent score.. at least they could have put me at 5K

-J

I don't know why you think you got the crappiest APR. 22.74% is the highest the card goes. And if you'll look at my sig, I have that honor. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 27
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The offer sheet I read was 14.74 to 19.74... Now if there are worse offers still... Im apologizing for being whiney..  It was in one of those boxes (Schumer Box) i read. 

I relooked up the offer and your absolutely right theres much worse..  But why its partially an ego thing is that Chase does not entertain reductions and its a PITA and HP to try to get a CLI increase.. I figured with my scores i should be closer to the best rate category.....

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.