Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Approved!

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon Visa Approved!

Well, I creeped out of the garden to give it a shot....to my surprise I was approved for a CL of $3,000!!! My Highest CL on a prime card yet!!!  Yes!!Smiley Very Happy  

I did some research on this card on here before applying and seems like a pretty decent card.  Anyone with experience with this card?

Back to the garden I go!

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Approved!

I love this card. They do give good BT offers too! Ive got an offer that expires on 10/31 to transfer my balance with a 1% BT fee and no interest for 12 months.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Both my sisters have it and they both love it.

I don't think either has cashed in their rewards points yet so no info on how those work, but it is a nice lookin card Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 20
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Awesome!  Congratulations!!  I don't know much about this card, but I did see a post on here today about a black version of it.  Since you just got approved, you could probably request that they send the black card if you're interested in that version of it.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Points are easy to redeem. 5000 points gives you a $50 cash equivalent. Or you can use points to pay for stuff on amazon with no minimum point balance for doing so. You can also redeem for airline tickets if you were so inclined. Ive redeemed about $158 in rewards so far. Not bad...
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 20
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

THATS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much everyone! I'm so happy about this approval!!!Smiley Very Happy  

And darn! I did see the option to select the "Black" card, but was so nervous about getting approved, I didn't change it so I am getting the blue one.  lol!!

Slowly building....
Message 8 of 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

Well, I creeped out of the garden to give it a shot....to my surprise I was approved for a CL of $3,000!!! My Highest CL on a prime card yet!!!  Yes!!Smiley Very Happy  

I did some research on this card on here before applying and seems like a pretty decent card.  Anyone with experience with this card?

Back to the garden I go!

Congratulations!

If you really are going back to the garden, there are new items to place in your signature when you haven't quite made it to a spade.  The sappling and anti-itch medication.  Hopefully you won't need the anti-itch given that you reached a new CL level.  I've always found that taking new steps in my credit journey reduce the urge.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 20
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@TeeandDee wrote:

Back to the garden I go!

Congratulations!

If you really are going back to the garden, there are new items to place in your signature when you haven't quite made it to a spade.  The sappling and anti-itch medication.  Hopefully you won't need the anti-itch given that you reached a new CL level.  I've always found that taking new steps in my credit journey reduce the urge.

Yes, I've learned the hard way not to over app! LOL!!  Last winter I went on a crazy app spree and came out with some great cards but boy oh boy did my FICO scores tank for a while after the smoke cleared! The inquires forced me into the garden.  I took a risk as it is with apping for the Amazon Visa...so I don't wanna push my luck.  My Scores are finally recovering, so I want it to stay that way.  I know I'll take a ding for the new inquiry and new account, but my UTL is way down and I'm hoping the new CL will help buffer the ding of this new account.  And I think you're right...reaching my first CL of $3,000 willl reduce the urge to over app because I've come so far and I don't want to screw it up! I definately understand the importance of gardening now!  

Slowly building....
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.