Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa FINALLY approved

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Chase Amazon Visa FINALLY approved

About a year ago someone fraudulently opened a Chase Amazon Visa in my name, as soon as I got the "We'll automatically link your new Visa to your Amazon account" email I was on the phone cancelling the account out. Took many calls to prove it wasn't me who app'd & got approved.

Fast forward about 3 months later and I tried to get my own DENIED. Ew. 

Fast forward to this morning, I apped again and got the 7-10 day message. BAH. So I called and it turns out this time they just wanted to make sure it was me - after a few verification questions Approved for 3.5K *happy dance*

Highest starting limit I have gotten I believe, she reviewed my TU on the phone with me, what they pulled earlier so only one INQ. Util is high (24%) AAoA 1.5 years, 3 INQ. 

My TU score pulled 3/11/14  FICO CLASSIC 04  +715

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Amazon Visa FINALLY approved

Grats on your approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 15
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you, I can't stay off their website...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on overcoming a bad experience and having a genuine Chase Amazon for your own!
Message 6 of 15
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

This is my first card with Chase, albiet co-branded, can anyone tell me what they are like with CLI's? Use they like to see, etc.? Any replies are much appreciated!

Message 7 of 15
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, glad you got it all worked out!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 8 of 15
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Gah... a forum search makes me believe they are not very generous with much of anything =/

Message 9 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

About a year ago someone fraudulently opened a Chase Amazon Visa in my name, as soon as I got the "We'll automatically link your new Visa to your Amazon account" email I was on the phone cancelling the account out. Took many calls to prove it wasn't me who app'd & got approved.

Fast forward about 3 months later and I tried to get my own DENIED. Ew. 

Fast forward to this morning, I apped again and got the 7-10 day message. BAH. So I called and it turns out this time they just wanted to make sure it was me - after a few verification questions Approved for 3.5K *happy dance*

Highest starting limit I have gotten I believe, she reviewed my TU on the phone with me, what they pulled earlier so only one INQ. Util is high (24%) AAoA 1.5 years, 3 INQ. 

My TU score pulled 3/11/14  FICO CLASSIC 04  +715

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.