cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Train (via Amazon Pre-approval)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Visa Train (via Amazon Pre-approval)

So a few days ago I decided to take a chance and app for the card. I was in need of the GC and I shop at Amazon all the time. I first did the pre-qual and it said yes. However, I did not get an instant approval. Next day my score dropped by 12. Ex 839 was pulled. I said by hook or by crook I'm going to get this card. Had to call 4 times and put on hold for over an hour and a half on two of those calls. Finally, the agent came on and said it will either be a code to my phone or quesstions. I got two questions. 1. I was asked if I ever lived at some random address. 2. What was the most recent car I bought. Anywhoo, I got approved for $5K. I am happy. Now what steps do I need to take to get that initial CL raised? Should I call back Robo lady and ask now? Should I sign up at chase.com and see if this card is there or should I wait until I get the physical card and then call?

DP: No inqs,  EX 839, EQ 834, TU 770.  3 cards,  1% Util. PIF monthly.

All thanks to the guys here for sharing solid info!!!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Train

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Amazon card Smiley Happy

With Chase it would be another HP to request a CLI at card activation and there is no guarantee it would be in your favor. Personally I would just use the card and see if you get some auto luv.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your new Amazon card Smiley Happy

With Chase it would be another HP to request a CLI at card activation and there is no guarantee it would be in your favor. Personally I would just use the card and see if you get some auto luv.

Ok. Thanks you told me!. Yes I will enjoy what I was given and let them do the rest.

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the Chase Amazon approval!

Message 5 of 21
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!! Congratulations on your Chase Amazon Approval!! 🥂🎉👏🏻

Message 7 of 21
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Train (via Amazon Pre-approval)

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 on your approval!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 21
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

Unlike most other Chase cards, the Amazon one, if approved at >$5K SL, will initially show 5K at approval, but once you log in and view the account on the Chase website or app, or via their automated phone system, you'll see the real limit which may be higher.

If you already have other Chase accounts and a login, you'll be able to see the limit now.  If not, you'll have to wait until you receive the card to set up a login, since you'll need the full account #.  Alternatively, after a day or two the automated phone system will be accessible from your home phone/cell phone, whatever phone # you gave them on the application, and you'll only need the last 4 digits to get your limit/balance.  You can get the last 4 digits from your Amazon account.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

Unlike most other Chase cards, the Amazon one, if approved at >$5K SL, will initially show 5K at approval, but once you log in and view the account on the Chase website or app, or via their automated phone system, you'll see the real limit which may be higher.

If you already have other Chase accounts and a login, you'll be able to see the limit now.  If not, you'll have to wait until you receive the card to set up a login, since you'll need the full account #.  Alternatively, after a day or two the automated phone system will be accessible from your home phone/cell phone, whatever phone # you gave them on the application, and you'll only need the last 4 digits to get your limit/balance.  You can get the last 4 digits from your Amazon account.

Good info. Thank you.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.