Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon prime approved after 7-10day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon prime approved after 7-10day

I have been on quite the app spree lately. I've recently rebuilt my credit and had my last 2 negatives removed from my CRA's so felt it was time. After getting approved for the USBank Flexperks amex ($1,500), graduate and increase my USB HD ($1,000) and add in the USB cash+ ($2,000)  I got the Amex PRG and Amex Delta ($1,000). I also got a Capital one ($300 steps, oh well) and my Discover secured ($1,000 that's 4 months old). I also got the NFCU CashRewards($4,400) but denied for the Uber card (too many recent accounts). I had applied for the Chase freedom unlimited, got the 30-day message, then 2 weeks, verification letter, sent in my DL and address verification, then another 7-10-day message, so I believe that one is denied. I was trying to sneak this in before the 5/24 hit my CRA's

I decided that since I do a ton of shopping on amazon (truly, over $10,000 spent last year) that it would be good to have one of their cards with 5% cash back. I applied and didn't realize I was applying for the one that is their regular card and not the one backed by Chase because I've heard rumors of the 5/24 starting to apply to their co-branded cards as well. Checked the status line and it said 7-10 days so figured, whoops got denied there too. Got a letter in the mail today saying that they had attempted to contact me because there is an extended fraud alert on my CRA's and they need to speak to me. This wasn't like the other verification email I got from them, so figured, I've already got the HP, might as well talk to them. Called them and got put on the phone with verification who asked all their fun questions. He was able to tell me that they instantly approved me with a SL of $4,000! Not bad for me still building up! This says to me they're not looking at 5/24 for the cobranded cards yet. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon prime approved after 7-10day

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been on quite the app spree lately. I've recently rebuilt my credit and had my last 2 negatives removed from my CRA's so felt it was time. After getting approved for the USBank Flexperks amex ($1,500), graduate and increase my USB HD ($1,000) and add in the USB cash+ ($2,000)  I got the Amex PRG and Amex Delta ($1,000). I also got a Capital one ($300 steps, oh well) and my Discover secured ($1,000 that's 4 months old). I also got the NFCU CashRewards($4,400) but denied for the Uber card (too many recent accounts). I had applied for the Chase freedom unlimited, got the 30-day message, then 2 weeks, verification letter, sent in my DL and address verification, then another 7-10-day message, so I believe that one is denied. I was trying to sneak this in before the 5/24 hit my CRA's

I decided that since I do a ton of shopping on amazon (truly, over $10,000 spent last year) that it would be good to have one of their cards with 5% cash back. I applied and didn't realize I was applying for the one that is their regular card and not the one backed by Chase because I've heard rumors of the 5/24 starting to apply to their co-branded cards as well. Checked the status line and it said 7-10 days so figured, whoops got denied there too. Got a letter in the mail today saying that they had attempted to contact me because there is an extended fraud alert on my CRA's and they need to speak to me. This wasn't like the other verification email I got from them, so figured, I've already got the HP, might as well talk to them. Called them and got put on the phone with verification who asked all their fun questions. He was able to tell me that they instantly approved me with a SL of $4,000! Not bad for me still building up! This says to me they're not looking at 5/24 for the cobranded cards yet. 

Congratulations on your approval!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz on the approval! And what a nice SL
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OpSmiley Happy. Im confused, did you actually app for the Synchrony version first as you mentioned you apped for the one that was the regular one. Chase only has the Visa whereas Synchrony has the regular store. Thanks for any clarificationSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats OpSmiley Happy. Im confused, did you actually app for the Synchrony version first as you mentioned you apped for the one that was the regular one. Chase only has the Visa whereas Synchrony has the regular store. Thanks for any clarificationSmiley Happy

Thanks! I thought that I had been applying for the Synchrony version as I had both up comparing and filling them out when I realized that the Visa one was through chase. I thought I had gone back to completing the Synchrony one and while getting distracted by work stuff apparently actually went back to the Visa one and clicked submit. Realized it as soon as I went through. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting in with Chase! WooHoo!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! It was the last one I wanted to get in with. I should have gotten in with them first then gone to the others. Either way I'm happy with it and the SL! I have been a chase customer for years, but in the way past have had some over drafts. My internal score must be good enough to not matter.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.