Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon!!

I am on a winning streak and will probably chill out now.  I app'd for the Amazon Store card two weeks ago (TU pull) and of course, it was denied. I also app for the Chase Slate card yesterday which was denied due to too many recent accounts in the last 2 yrs.  I guess that applies to their 5/24 rule. Read a few post on here about the Chase Amazon Rewards card and how members are getting approved that have way more than 5 new accounts or inquiries in the last 2 yrs. So I decided to app since it pulls from EQ and got the 30-day message after submitting my app. I called one of the numbers that are listed in the post for backdoor numbers.  The rep pulled my app and said I need to be transferred to the verification team.  The lady verified my information, called my phone back since I have a fraud alert on my profile, placed me on hold and came back congratulating me on my approval.  SL $2k 

So in all the 5/24 rule doesn't apply for Chase on their co-branded cards.

TU - 623

EX - 636

EQ - ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon!!

this is the elusive Visa card right?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has the Visa logo.  Is that what you are asking?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@padme wrote:
this is the elusive Visa card right?

Chase Amazon is a Visa.  Not sure that it's elusive, though.

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, yup its a Visa siggy to bootSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you can use it anywhere gas stations, restaurants, and stores from what it says on the Chase website. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.  Since it has the Visa logo it's accepted anywhere Visa is.  It's not limited to just Amazon purchases, a common misconception.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great!  Thanks for confirming!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am on a winning streak and will probably chill out now.  I app'd for the Amazon Store card two weeks ago (TU pull) and of course, it was denied. I also app for the Chase Slate card yesterday which was denied due to too many recent accounts in the last 2 yrs.  I guess that applies to their 5/24 rule. Read a few post on here about the Chase Amazon Rewards card and how members are getting approved that have way more than 5 new accounts or inquiries in the last 2 yrs. So I decided to app since it pulls from EQ and got the 30-day message after submitting my app. I called one of the numbers that are listed in the post for backdoor numbers.  The rep pulled my app and said I need to be transferred to the verification team.  The lady verified my information, called my phone back since I have a fraud alert on my profile, placed me on hold and came back congratulating me on my approval.  SL $2k 

So in all the 5/24 rule doesn't apply for Chase on their co-branded cards.

TU - 623

EX - 636

EQ - ?

This is actually mostly false as a blanket statement. Please make sure you check the numerous other threads clarifying which cards are not under 5/24 because newcomers will see your post here and not realize that in fact many of Chase's co-branded cards do fall under the 5/24 auto-denial rule.

Amazon is one of the most commonly applied-for cobranded cards that is on the 'non-5/24' list.

In any case, congrats as this is a great card if you are a Prime member there Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea.  I am not even sure what cards are co-branded with Chase but I know I got through with the Amazon one.  That's relative to my situation from my first app with Chase for my non co-branded application.   Others can search the forum for experiences that fit their credit situation.  But for me, I am happy either way. Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.