cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application "Recommended for Approval" ??

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Chase Application "Recommended for Approval" ??

Anybody come across this before with Chase. I currently have 3 cards with the now (Hyatt @ $5,000, IHG @ $3,000 and Amazon @$7,200). I've had a 'relationship' with them since 2008. I submitted my app on 04/14 for the MileagePlus Club Visa, got the 30 days message. 

Spoke with backdoor and did verification questionnarie and they stated "I'm recommending your application for approval"..I called back next day and rep said "It's still pending right now BUT I DO see you were recommended for approval. You should hear from us in 2 weeks"....the automated message says "You'll receive a letter in writing of our decision within 30 days"...not sure if thats good or not? Both reps seemed confident that was going to get approved, but they both said it had to go for final approval. 

they pulled EXP @677, income $93k..anybody have experience with this before?

I do know if the automated system says 7-10 days = denied, "you'll hear from us in less than 2 weeks" = approved, but not sure about the 30 day message...I know..I'm obsessing lol please dont judge me! lol

UPDATE!! Checked my online banking and the account was there! United MileagePlus Club Visa Signature $15,000. They matched my PenFed & NFCU cards. I'm still baffled by the pace of this process, but it is what it is. Woot!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Application "Recommended for Approval" ??

Hold tight. I got the 7-10 day msg... then got the 30 day msg. Keep checking your account. Give it another week.
Message 2 of 25
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I guess I have slight doubts because I was approved for the IHG 2 weeks ago for $3,000, and I dont know for sure, but looks like the United card is a signature and i think thats a 5k minimum. it would be odd they only approved me for $3k two weeks ago and then possibly $5k or more now...we'll have to see. I've checked my online account on my phone religiously the last few days lol

Message 3 of 25
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well good luck on the approval, and please update on the success.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 25
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

I got the same thing when I applied for my csp 4 years post bk. Mine was approved that same day when the rep I spoke with said it would take 24-48 hours for a decision. Keep the faith in might just come thru.
Message 5 of 25
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@RM21 wrote:
Well good luck on the approval, and please update on the success.

Thanks and will do!

Message 6 of 25
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@svtthis wrote:
I got the same thing when I applied for my csp 4 years post bk. Mine was approved that same day when the rep I spoke with said it would take 24-48 hours for a decision. Keep the faith in might just come thru.

I think thats why this seems so odd to me. Usually when i've been told "approved" with them i'll get that Congrats Email usually the same or next day, but never had to have the app forwarded attached with "recommended for approval"..seems like a 50/50..

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they didn't flat out deny you and "Recommended you for Approval", then that's is a sure positive. They probably will have you go thru an analyst to talk about your credit, etc. Other than that, it's the text message to cell phone or fax over documentation.

Call again on Monday and see what the word is. Of course I've never had that status before, but it's positive. GOOD LUCK!
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

crossing my fingers for you - good luck and good vibes coming your way!

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.