cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Approved, how long to wait to app with another bank?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Approved, how long to wait to app with another bank?

the main question for the OP now is does he prefer cash back or points.   and depends what he plans to do with them, and if there's a preferred airline or hotel that he likes to use.

Regardless the personal breakdown is upto his spending habits or what he wants to save up for.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@distantarray wrote:

the main question for the OP now is does he prefer cash back or points.   and depends what he plans to do with them, and if there's a preferred airline or hotel that he likes to use.

Regardless the personal breakdown is upto his spending habits or what he wants to save up for.

Agree 100%  Smiley Wink

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 14
if6was9
Established Member

Good point. 

I eat out a lot and do most of my shopping online (I buy a lot from amazon, ebay, etc.). I don't travel much, about once a year. Reading about the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, the 6% on groceries got me interested as I do shop at a regular grocery store and spend more than $50 per week on groceries. What's the best card for eating out or buying from Amazon? I don't do Walmart, Best Buy or any of those stores. My wife has a Target card so I guess that's covered as well. We shop at Costco once in a while, but more at the grocery store.

I already have the 3% on gas, 2% on groceries and the rotating categories card (I have a BOA 123 Cash Rewards and a Chase Freedom, plus a PayPal Smart Connect).

What would be another card that could complement well these cards? 

I appreciate all of your responses, they've been very helpful!

(@webhopper: I'm not a veteran nor related to one)

Message 13 of 14
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@if6was9 wrote:

Well, I'm glad to say I believe I'm out of the rebuilding stage. My Equifax scores went from 550's more than two years ago up to 703 a couple of weeks ago (pulled from myfico equifax right before I applied for Chase). I've been very patient and responsible and it has paid off. 

Amex and Discover sound like great cards. I've always been a little intimidated by Amex. I am self employed and don't make big bucks and I guess I have always associated and Amex card with having higher income. Would someone with low income benefit from an Amex Card? I don't want to be paying high annual membership fees and such. I like the idea of having a card with a smaller bank, like a credit union or local bank, just to have more personalized service, etc. I already have a BOA and a Chase card and I'm not interested in having lots of credit cards. 3 I think is more than enough for me so I want to be very selective about my next card. 

I do use my credit cards a lot as I try to get advantage of the rewards. I charged more than 20k on my BOA card last year. Don't know whether that is considered much or not but it does get some usage. 

Take 3 months off. Let your score recover as if it was at 703 before Chase HP then it's likely below 700. Don't let it stay below 700, let it recover so you are well above it and then plan your application so you can be at 710 or more after the HP. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.