cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Auto CLI and Amex Hilton Aspire 7-10 day.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Auto CLI and Amex Hilton Aspire 7-10 day.

The credit gods giveth and they taketh away. Chase seems really bullish on me lately. For three of my credit accounts with them (CSP, FU, Freedom), they threw CLIs my way. 

Freedom: 3k-->5k (I don't really use this one outside of the revolving)

FU: 4500-->6500

CSP: 13500-->20500

Sort of nice to have such auto CLIs happening, especially given where I started (fairly thin credit file and a pretty poor score). I find it a little odd that there have not been any CLIs for the Amazon Prime Visa. Still at the intro balance of 5300. Then again, I don't really make a ton of big purchases on that card--just Prime grocery, whole foods, and whatever things I get through Amazon. 

On the other hand, I got a 7-10 day from Amex when I tried to increase my CLI for the Hilton Aspire. Still stuck at the intro line of 3100. This may be because of a higher balance (60% given I had to put a big work trip on it). I believe I have to wait 90 days to try again, so will do so then. 

I think a mortgage is in my future (just took the inquiry hit on my score for a pre-approval letter), so probably going to garden for some time after this. Only new product in my future is a PC of my CSP to a CSR. I am really leaving a ton of points out there (my main spend is restaurants and basic travel) and keep forgetting to actually do it. 

For reference of markers:

2/2017

TU: 600

EXP: 605

5/2019- FICO 8

TU: 710

EXP: 690

EQ:705

Income: 148k

Inquiries: 5 (3 drop off in about 1-3 months)

AAoA: 2 years, 2 months

Util: 48% (this is way high right now, but about to drop significantly)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Auto CLI and Amex Hilton Aspire 7-10 day.

Grats on all the CLIs, dont forget you can move CL around with Chase, might want to kick that individual util down on that one card.

Message 2 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto-CLIs!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice!! Congrats on your multiple increases with one bank...pretty impressive from my view.....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases....  and from Chase none the less .... and THREE times as well.   Some of us are sitting here fishing an empty pond for that Chase Auto CLI Smiley Happy.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase Auto luv! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

Congrats on the increases....  and from Chase none the less .... and THREE times as well.   Some of us are sitting here fishing an empty pond for that Chase Auto CLI Smiley Happy.

Thanks! It was a little shocking to me as well. They are sort like CLI ninjas for me--keep sneaking up. It might help that I have been a banking customer of theirs since 2008. 

A little bummed about the Amex CLI denial still, as I would like to get that higher before a big trip to Europe that I'd like to take in the fall (and get the points and resort credits, etc.). Guess I will just have to try again in the future when I get the utilization lower (which will be in the next month or so). 

Message 7 of 11
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv ....

May I ask how long the chase accounts were open for? ....
Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations, on The new spending power!!

Message 9 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Chase auto-CLI's are not common so whatever you're doing, do more of it! Congrats! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.