Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Auto-CLI!!!

tag
sterl1002
Valued Member

Chase Auto-CLI!!!

Hey folks, 

So I've had this Chase Freedom MC card since 2008, which was PC'd from a Chase +1 student MC last year when they discontinued the +1.  I was carrying a maxed out balance on it for literally YEARS, since 2009. Well this past Fall I found myFICO and got my act together and started paying things down and paid this 5 year old balance to $0 over two months (my new job with a big raise helped in this regard Smiley Happy ). I was worried about balance chasing, but waited a month and saw no change in my CL so I was grateful for that small favor Smiley Happy

Aftter I paid the Freedom off I got a pretty big score jump so I tried apping for the CSP and was denied after the 7-10 day message because of my util on other cards, which is understandable. Then on Tuesday I was denided my AMEX 3x CLI for the same reason Smiley Sad Well I login to Chase today to pay a few charges before the statement cuts, and I saw they increased my CL from $2k - $4k! Smiley Surprised

I used my Freedom to pay my rent last month, which ammounted to $1,500, and PIF before the satement cut, so perhaps that combined with the sudden paydown of the long carried balance told them I'm in better financial shape than I was as a college student Smiley Happy This should really help me with my overall util (which stood at 42% pre-CLI). It's also my first-ever non-store card Auto CLI, and makes my Freedom my highest limit card which has me excited. Smiley Happy

Now I'm off to tend to my seedlings in the hopes of applying for that CSP in the Fall when my util will be near $0 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Auto-CLI!!!

Nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new CLI, keep up the good work!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 11
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

nice!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sterl1002 wrote:

Hey folks, 

So I've had this Chase Freedom MC card since 2008, which was PC'd from a Chase +1 student MC last year when they discontinued the +1.  I was carrying a maxed out balance on it for literally YEARS, since 2009. Well this past Fall I found myFICO and got my act together and started paying things down and paid this 5 year old balance to $0 over two months (my new job with a big raise helped in this regard Smiley Happy ). I was worried about balance chasing, but waited a month and saw no change in my CL so I was grateful for that small favor Smiley Happy

Aftter I paid the Freedom off I got a pretty big score jump so I tried apping for the CSP and was denied after the 7-10 day message because of my util on other cards, which is understandable. Then on Tuesday I was denided my AMEX 3x CLI for the same reason Smiley Sad Well I login to Chase today to pay a few charges before the statement cuts, and I saw they increased my CL from $2k - $4k! Smiley Surprised

I used my Freedom to pay my rent last month, which ammounted to $1,500, and PIF before the satement cut, so perhaps that combined with the sudden paydown of the long carried balance told them I'm in better financial shape than I was as a college student Smiley Happy This should really help me with my overall util (which stood at 42% pre-CLI). It's also my first-ever non-store card Auto CLI, and makes my Freedom my highest limit card which has me excited. Smiley Happy

Now I'm off to tend to my seedlings in the hopes of applying for that CSP in the Fall when my util will be near $0 Smiley Happy

Congrats on your auto-luv Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 7 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! Ive been banking with Chase for 7 years+ and have NEVER gotten an auto cli like that.

Did you update your income with them?? That may have helped! Congrats!!
The Marriott Premier Rewards card is another extremely useful Chase card! And it has a huge sign up bonus. I love Chase!!
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 11
sterl1002
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats!! Ive been banking with Chase for 7 years+ and have NEVER gotten an auto cli like that.

Did you update your income with them?? That may have helped! Congrats!!
The Marriott Premier Rewards card is another extremely useful Chase card! And it has a huge sign up bonus. I love Chase!!
Good luck!

Thanks everyone! 

@Anonymous I didnt update anything with them, but as I mentioned I was rejected for the CSP recently, so maybe they used the income from that app to update their database? Not sure if that's how it works. And the Mariott card is on my list... once I get my util down and can leave the garden Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.