Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI, No Amex Love

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CLI, No Amex Love

Woke up to a nice 1k increase (now 6k) with my Marriott rewards card, looks like after my 3rd statement close they bumped me up. Decided to hit that Amex CLI button and was given the 7-10 day message. After calling Amex they said I did not have enough experience with the current card, I can only assume they want to see more activity on it. Such a shame because I purchase airfare frequently and would love to use the Delta card... but my tickets often exceed my credit limit. Someday Amex, someday... 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLI, No Amex Love

Congrats on Chase, you're like the bizarro world there.

Does the Amex Delta login not show you the option to test spending limit?  I bet you can go over your PSL for charges as long as you pay them down fastish.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're actually quite close to a CLI with Amex.  Typically with the SL you got on the Delta card and your EX FICO score you'd have to wait for at least 5 statement cuts for a CLI.  That would occur for you in February so you'd be pretty certain to get  it if you reapply in March (180 days).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get no love from Amex. My score on their app as of 5/19 is 728 and I'm about 7 months in with them. I've never spent more than 20% and I leave 0-$100 per closing stmt. Oh well. Discover has incresed me $800, Syncrony PayPal increased my balcane by $5k on my first request after about 7 months, and I was approved for 2 cards with $10K limits. Yet, Amex still has me at $500. I think I just might close it, it's only 7 months or so, I have older cards so I'm not worried about it. I'm actually to the point where I feel like I don't so many cards...I have 4 solid ones now so. Bye bye Amex.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.