cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Soft Pull!

tag
aberrant

Chase CLI Soft Pull!

A little background, I applied and was accepted for a Chase Freedom card back in December of last year with an initial $5000 credit line. Today is close to the six month mark and I wanted to try for a credit limit increase. So I called up Chase using the backdoor number to the executive offices. I spoke with a woman named Elissa, she was very pleasant to deal with. I began giving her some background as to why I wanted the increase. I told her that I'm tired of the crappy Bank of America rewards and that I was recently approved for the AMEX platinum card. I mentioned that I would like to continue to make charges on my Freedom card but with the amount I spend a $5,000 limit wont award me a sufficient enough utilization and with the Platinum card I would like to see Chase offer me some competitve advantage to encourage me to charge more on my Freedom card than my Platinum. She alerted me that chase would need to verify my income, etc, etc. and that it was a hard pull. I mentioned to her that I had no problem verifying my income but a hard inquiry was out of the question. I reiterated the fact that I need more of an incentive to spend money with Chase over AMEX and she said that she can put in a request for a soft inquiry and will get back to me in the next day. She also asked how much of an increase I wanted. I told her I believe an 8k limit would offer me sufficient utilization on the card (a 3k increase). I got off the phone with her and waited. Sure enough I logged in this morning to my Chase account to see a nice 8k credit limit! Now I'm not sure if this was a unique situation or if the threat of another competitor but it's certainly worth it to defend why you want the increase and let them know a hard pull is unacceptable. 

So I'm excited but I will also be watching my credit report over the next couple of weeks and months to make sure that she wasn't lying about the soft pull. If she was indeed going to do a hard pull I don't see why she would have had to wait a day for it to process... good luck to the rest of you with Chase! Ask for Elissa if you call the backdoor executive offices. 

TU: 702 | EX: 690 | EQ: 694
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
casi218
Valued Member

Re: Chase CLI Soft Pull!

Nice increase! Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Any soft CLI is a good CLI.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the backdoor number?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's the backdoor number?

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

You can find it in the backdoor numbers thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

And congrats abberat! I didn't know that Chase did CLI's on soft pulls, honestly.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I've been trying to get Chase to increase my CL. But I don't the inquiry either.

Message 6 of 14
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Definitely going to give this a try.. chase is my lowest limit card and has been for ever now
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 7 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! But definitely a huge YMMV.

Message 8 of 14
Hopeful2

i tried the executive office and i  stated my reasons for wanting an increase. I'm moving , making bigger purhases, 500 credit limit not enough, Ive had to use other credit card to compensate for lack og credit on my chase freedom etc. I even mentioned that I received an automatic CLI on my other credit card. I also mantioned that I have paid off my bill in full and am currently not owing anything. I have been very diligent and responsible in paying on time. Nothing! booo! I was told that they dont do soft pulls , its their policy. The only way is to do a hard pull and provide proof of household income . Yada Yada! So disappointing Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Did she require that you provide any documents?

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.