Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI question.... Update Approved

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Chase CLI question.... Update Approved

Does Chase have any ideal timeframe between CLI requests?

In Jan 17 I got their Amazon Prime card ($6500), in Jan 18 I took the HP for a cli & got it bumped to $13,000. I've read up on Chase but haven't seen anything about ideal intervals between CLI's.

I'm getting an itchy trigger finger for another CLI...

Any info?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
yapsalot
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CLI question....

I've seen 6 months mentioned and also 1 year mentioned. I have a Chase card but have only had one CLI and I made that request when the account was over a year old, so that doesn't help. Hopefully some of the more active Chase contributors will know. Or you could trying calling Chase and see if they will tell you. Make it very clear that you are not requesting a CLI now, just inquiring about doing so in the future. That should keep the rep from get mixed up and processing an unintentional request. When I did my CLI, the rep said they would pull all three bureaus. In the end I got a hard pull on EX and EQ but not TU.

Yapsalot
Message 2 of 11
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm...well...I guess I'll just give it a shot today & see what happens. I thought there would be more data points on this....

Message 3 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

@Physh1 wrote:

Hmmm...well...I guess I'll just give it a shot today & see what happens. I thought there would be more data points on this....

Not likely. 70% of the MyFICO crowd has hardpullophobia so they'll never take one just for a CLI, 15% don't need one more than once a year or so, and 15% don't share data points.

Message 4 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Even with more datapoints, I think Chase would be all over the map. I don't want to take a hard pull if I'm not reasonably sure of a positive result. When it comes to CLIs and Chase, it's hard to be even a little bit sure.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Chase CSR for 1year 10 months. I was initailly approved for 11k. That was my highest CL to date so I was estatic ! In the last two years - It has grown on its own to $19,700. Still my highest CL. I have my daughters wedding coming up and it is at a resturant so I would love to use the card for the 3x points. 

So just today I called and asked for my first ever CLI - well first time I have asked - others were auto CLIs. And they told me to take a long walk off a short pier. 

So the only time in 2 years I asked for one - I was denied. And there is no doubt that does not mean you will be denied - it am just relating my experience with them. They seem more frugal and conservative than other banks. 

Message 6 of 11
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

CLI approved...13k to 20k.

Message 7 of 11
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats!! HP well spent there.

Do you have any other Chase cards? I think the consensus with Chase is to just put lots of spend and manage UTI and hope for auto CLI. LOL 

If you have/want other Chase cards, I'm curious if you can transfer some of this Amazon CL to the other cards? I've heard you can't transfer other Chase cards to Amazon, but wondering if you can the other way around?

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 8 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase OP!!!! I love a successful Chase increase!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.