Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI!

tag
Casper476
Established Member

Chase CLI!

After going back and forth on whether I should increase my credit limit on my Chase Freedom Unlimited card or apply for a new card, I decided to just go for the credit limit increase on my Chase card.  

They increased my limit way more than I had even hoped for - from $1,500 to $6,500.  I thought the most I could really expect was for them to double it and go to $3k - maybe if I was lucky, they would just triple it and go to $4,500.  I read a lot about how Chase doesn't like to be the first one to give you a limit of over $5k, but... I think they like me. Smiley Happy

Last time I checked my credit scores, they were 701 EQ, 699 TU, and 696 EX.  I know they hard-pulled TU for this increase.  I'm not sure yet if they hit EX as well - I think they double pulled me on TU and EX when I originally applied in November 2016.  Guess we'll see.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLI!

Congrats! I’ve read here Chase is a fickle beast at best lol, but I’m glad you came out with a win.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting a CLI from Chase. WHOA a 4x CLI that is OUTSTANDING especially from Chase. I afree with other poster that Chase can and usually a tough nut to crack.

Message 3 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! Yup they like you. I was in a similar situation about two years ago. My Freedom started at $3500. Scores in your ballpark. Actually lower EQ and TU. Just to give you a perspective of someone who opt for the CC. I double apped for the AARP and Disney Premier. Ended up with single pulls on EQ and EX. $10k on AARP and $15k on the Disney.
I put $300 in spend bonuses in my pocket and added $25k in credit.
Yeah you take a small hit on you AAoA. But it recovers quickly. That is why some suggest another Chase CC over the same pulls for a CLI. I closed the Disney moved the limits elsewhere.
Message 4 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

@Casper476 wrote:

They increased my limit way more than I had even hoped for - from $1,500 to $6,500.

Congrats!

This gives me hope.. Chase started me with a toy SL of $500 due to some old forgotten invisible baddie (CO). Perhaps after a year of being good they'll grant me this 4X.

Merrick Bank Visa $1500 | Citi BestBuy Visa $5300 | Chase Freedom $500 | Amex BCE $2000

FICO8:  EQ 12/17: 721  |  1/18: 706   || .  TU 12/17: 742  |  1/18: 745 .  ||   EX 12/17: 736  |   1/18: 736

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice! congrats, chase defintely takes care of you if you treat them well.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!

Banks don't like anyone. Today Chase can give you a CLI and tomorrow they could close your accounts, just because.

Message 8 of 21
Casper476
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!

Banks don't like anyone. Today Chase can give you a CLI and tomorrow they could close your accounts, just because.

True... Perhaps the better way to phrase that would be "Chase sees value in me as a customer at this time." Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Casper476 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!

True... Perhaps the better way to phrase that would be "Chase sees value in me as a customer at this time." Smiley Happy

Exactly...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.