Did you mean: 

Chase CLIs....

tag
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLIs....

@afbar1114 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

The only auto I got from Chase was on the JPM Select. I made a few big purchases and a couple of big payments subsequently. I don't even think it was 6 months old (the card I mean) and went from 7K to 18K unrequested. Means very little because it is a hidden trade line, but if I wanted to reallocate CLs later, it would be helpful.

What do you mean by hidden credit line?

The JPM Select card doesn't report to the CRAs...  so if you're a big spender it doesn't hurt your utilization, on the other hard it doesn't help your utilization if you have no balance 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 11 of 27
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

They don't offer that card anymore. But I am hoping since I bank and invest with chase it will helpme for bigger limits in six months

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 12 of 27
drkaje
Senior Contributor

FWIW, Chase Freedom will be the first casuality when I start closing cards in two years.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 27
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

They don't offer that card anymore. But I am hoping since I bank and invest with chase it will helpme for bigger limits in six months

Actually they do, you just can't app online.... something about fraud, so now you have to app in person.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 27
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Chase rarely does auto CLI

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 15 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase Freedom/CSP has been on my 'Wish List' for my fall  round of apping.  I just don't know if I want to deal with a low limit to start- it kinda seems hit or miss with them. Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 27
Express
Frequent Contributor

I had a Chase Freedom and a Chase Slate and wanted to get a CLI on both. I was told from chase that it would be a HP for each card so I combined  the Slate with the Freedom card and got a $9,000,00 CLI also Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 17 of 27
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Chase is stubborn in handing out cli's. I think i read here that you are more likely approved for a new chase card with a high CL than requesting a cli on a card you already have. Still, I would like to get my Freedom and CSP to 10k each. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 18 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'm prob going to wait at least a year or two to request a cli on my Freedom lol.. No auto cli at 6 months for me :-(
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 27
noobody
Established Contributor

if i were you, i would NEVER request CLI from chase, just apply new card with sign up bonus, since i would get a hard pull anyway.

cancel when annual fee is up and move credit line to exiting account.

problem solved!

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.