Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLIs

tag
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Chase CLIs

As some of you might remember, last October I applied for and received a Chase Sapphire Preferred card.  It's initial limit was $10K.  

On 1/22, I received one of the "green checkmark" offers in the portal to add a Freedom card.  Upon accepting it, I was instantly approved for $10K and noticed my CSP was auto-increased from 10K to 16K.

Fast forward to today...  I've been making heavy use of my cards due to travel for work.  I've averaged 60 transactions per month over the last 4 months and about 10K in spend on the CSP and about 5K in spend and 30 transactions per month on the Freedom.

I called in and requested a CLI for the CSP given that I did not want to be using such a high percentage of the limit.  The person on the phone took my income information (198K/yr) and said that my CSP was approved for 33.6K.  Since I was on a roll, I also asked if he could check for the Freedom.  It also was doubled from 10K to 20K.    

This puts my CSP as my new highest limit card (NFCU and PSECU are both 30K each).  

My GENERAL strategy for Chase is to pay in full immediately the morning the statement cuts.  Meaning I let it cut showing my usage for the month.  Since Chase reports to the CRAs again after $0 balance, I don't have to worry about my usage reflecting all month on my reports.  It's gone within 24-48 hours.  (I see the notices from MyFICO monitoring about the card usage increase and drop a few days later all generally with no score change.)

I know a lot of people have said it's been hard to get increases with Chase, but they must really like my profile.  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLIs

I suppose I should include my scores as well since that tends to be a helpful data point...

EQ - 723
TU - 730
EX - 725

Have not seen the alert yet on what was pulled yet.
Message 2 of 15
jlitnns
Established Contributor

You are a legend...congrats!

Robot LOL

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Great info. My CL is way less than yours. Smiley Frustrated But by following pretty much the same pattern Chase doubled my CL w/an autoCLI at 3.5mos. I hope to follow in your footsteps, same speed, sadly less $$$.

Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, no RadioRob they dont like your profile they like your $$$ x 198k + swipesSmiley Wink

Big grats though, at least they are giving what your profile needs to flourishSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That’s an awesome combo of CLIs. Always great to read these postings to let us know it’s worth putting in the work focusing on maintaining a healthy profile, and you’ll get rewarded.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Question?!
Do you have any other relationship with Chase besides the cc's?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJC I think he meant spending profile not credit profile xD

Seriously though nice CLIs man
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it hard or soft pull?

Message 9 of 15
RadioRob
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh my! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Question?!
Do you have any other relationship with Chase besides the cc's?

No.  The CCs are it!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.