Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSP Approved

Last week I was booking a flight when the Southwest Airlines card popped up and asked if I wanted to apply, which is through Chase.  I took a chance and applied and was instanly approved for it.  I got to thinking maybe I should give the CSP a shot since I was approved for another card through Chase, so Saturday I went to their Pre-approval site to check if I was pre-approved for anything and got the message that their were no cards avaiable to me at this time but that I could apply.  I started to close the window down but at the last second got hit by the bug and just went for it.  After filling out all of the information I hit the submit button and watched as it started spinning, with each spin my heart started to beat a little faster.  Finally I got the message that said that my apply was being reviewed and they would contact me within 30 days.  I just figured this was a nice way of saying No.

I didn't think anything else about it until Monday late morning when I got a call from Chase asking me to fax them a copy of my drivers lic.  At lunch I stopped by a branch office that is close to my office and asked them to fax it over for me.  The banker told me to follow up at the end of the day with the number they had given me to make sure they had recieved it.  I called that afternoon and was told that it took anywhere from 24 hours to 48 hours to upload and to call back.  On Tuesday afternoon I called back and was told that it could take up to 48 hours to upload and they would contact me by mail.  This morning I reached back out and was told that they had it and would look at my application again, again they told me that they would contact me by mail within 30 days..........I know a bad sign.  I figured this afternoon I would try again, this time the CS person put me through the 100 questions checking my ID to the point of asking the DOB of my ex-wife (have been divorced for 25 years) I keep waiting for her to tell me that they were going to need blood from me before it was over.  Finally she said that she now had all of the information that she needed and that she would review the file.  She asked if I would mind holding for a few more minutes.....at this point I had already been on the phone with her for 25 minutes so a few more wasn't going to kill me.  After a few more minutes she came back on the line and told me that I had been approved with a starting CL of $18,700.  I guess the wait was well worth it!

Just some information I was sitting at 4/24, however on 6/1 it drops down to 3/24 and on 8/1 it drops down to 2/24 so I was within my card limits........something I wouldn't have know if it wasn't from all of the helpful information on this site.  To sum it up within a 6 day span I was approved for 2 cards from Chase with a total credit limit of $42,100 not bad at all!

Current Scores are as follows

EQ 659

TU 675

EX 711

Chase did a HP on my EX report on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone on here and your help, I am well on my way now because of everything I have learned here and everyones help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSP Approved

Congrats on both Approvals and very nice SL

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! WoW, nice SL!!!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice SL.
Message 4 of 9
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CSP approval.  I burned Chase in my BK so I have not had the nerve to apply yet.  I may just wait....

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

be careful I applied for csp got approved on them being the 5/ 24 card for 14400 but three days later they closed my account because I applied for Citi premier thank you the same day and got a discover card approval 3 weeks prior for 3600....
was wondering how long it took for you to apply for one Chase to the next and how long your credit history is...my problem is all my good 6 year paid on time in full were recently removed after 10 years and other credit cards I closed in the past when I was working before I retired and only used cash for like 6-7 years straight so basically Experian shows 13 months of credit with Walmart old Navy and a crappy reflex card totally 1000 in credit and the recent discover for 3600 plus three weeks later approval of 14400 with Chase.....Equifax shows xer cards 13 plus years....my question to anyone reading this....Citi denied me cause it said two high balances on one or more card because I didn't realize they didn't report my payment yet and my balances where way high on my Walmart and old Navy before I made the payment....in my defense there's only 500 credit between the two so it's pretty easy to happen....anyway....once my credit is updated should I reconsider with Citi premier or apply for a lower card like Citi cash back and /or wait a few months and get chase freedom????if chase reopens my closed card am I safe to reconsider with Citi cause they saw I applied for both on the same day???wouldn't it look better to be approved with Citi rather then leave it as denied??? my scores are all 699 697 and 684 but chase hasn't shown up yet on my report and that makes my 5th card making me no longer a thin file and my credit should increase twice then old Navy reports my 300 payment and again when Walmart reports my 200 payment bringing my utility from 14 percent to 2 percent and after chase reports 1 percent....that should bring my credit up at least 25-50 pionts brings me from good to excellent ....also should I wait to reapply for Citi after or before chase reports....only cause in one hand it shows me getting a high balance with them if they reopen it on the other it's two knew cards in three weeks making Citi premier the third in a month if they approve????help what to do....I make upper 150 ....and should I worry about chase reclosing or am I safe once they reopen an account?🤣
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

if I'm approved and three days later they close the account cause I applied for Citi premier the same day if they reopen the card am I safe to get recon from Citi since they denied me for high balances on two cards that weren't updated on the credit report....and should I wait till chase reflects or before??
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase CSP Approved

if I'm approved and three days later they close the account cause I applied for Citi premier the same day if they reopen the card am I safe to get recon from Citi since they denied me for high balances on two cards that weren't updated on the credit report....and should I wait till chase reflects or before??
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chase CSP Approved

I applied for the CSP about 4 days after I applied for the Chase Southwest Airlines card. Between the two cards my limit is right at 40K. I then waited about 45 days and applied for the Citi American Airlines card and was approved. I am now right at the 5/24 so I feel comfortable that I am good with Chase.

I have also just had my 5th Statement closed on my CSP card. In the first 5 months I ran a little over 20k through it and PIF before each statement closed.

When I applied I had 5 credit cards open with Average Age of 2.4 years. I also had 2 paid auto loans and 1 open auto loan with 18 months of history. 1 paid personally loan through NFCU and another open personal loan through NFCU that’s still open but reporting 75% paid, so only 25% balance. My UTI was below 2% on my credit cards with only 1 card reporting a balance And that card was still below 8% UTI.

Hope that helps you. Right now through Chase my score is showing up for TU at 748, FICO 8 TU is showing 743 at the moment.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.