Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP CLI - soft pull!

tag
anelson524
Established Member

Chase CSP CLI - soft pull!

Have been just lurking on the forums for a while as my wife and I are looking to take out our first mortgage within the next year.

I've been wanting to get an increase in my CSP, I've had the card 3-4 years with a starting limit of $5,000 and have been fortunate enough to have random CLIs up to $20,800. This is the main card my wife and I use, we put an average of $35k through the card a year. I decided today to give the back door number a call and explain my situation that id like an increase but with the mortgage soon I'd like to not take a hard pull. They told me there was nothing they could do unfortunately.

I then read some people have had luck with calling the CSR number on the back of the card so I thought I would give it a try. Explained the same situation and was very pleased they gave me another $6,000 and I was on the phone with them for 2-3 minutes!

Very excited for this and now I'm thinking I'll try my freedom next!
AMEX Gold NPSL (06/84) || Chase Freedom (03/08) $6,400 || BestBuy (08/10) $3,100 || Amazon Store (11/11) $5,000 || Chase CSP (11/12) $26,800 || Chase UnitedClub (02/16) $29,000 || Citi Prestige (02/16) $20,000

AU with Wife: $27,000 Chase UnitedExplorer || Chase Freedom $15,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSP CLI - soft pull!

Nicely done! Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sure you didn't get a HP?  Congrats if not that would be amazing

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ill try my luck tonight 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this is a nice CLI, congrats !!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!! I am tempted to ask for one too

Message 6 of 9
j615
Regular Contributor

OP: Congratulations!

sapingo: Please report back. I'm also curious.

I've had my CSP since June 2015 with a SL of 10K and have not received an auto increase yet (never held my breath on this with all the stories of auto CLI being rare and random).

I've used this as my primary card since I've got it. I do want to see if I can get an CLI and even thought about requesting one with a HP since I can probably spare one. I've considered opening a new Chase card and transferring limits, but I'm not really interested in any other Chase cards currently and don't want to lower my AAoA.

Now, I don't *need* more than 10K, but it's my main card and just don't like the fact it's lower than my WF Visa that I never use. Maybe the greediness is kicking in. 😮

Current cards:

CSP - 10K
Amex BCE - 30K
WF Cash Back Visa - $12.5K

Message 7 of 9
anelson524
Established Member

Thanks! Definitely not a hard pull, no changes or alerts from MyFico monitoring.

AMEX Gold NPSL (06/84) || Chase Freedom (03/08) $6,400 || BestBuy (08/10) $3,100 || Amazon Store (11/11) $5,000 || Chase CSP (11/12) $26,800 || Chase UnitedClub (02/16) $29,000 || Citi Prestige (02/16) $20,000

AU with Wife: $27,000 Chase UnitedExplorer || Chase Freedom $15,000
Message 8 of 9
impactplayer
New Contributor

Awesome, way to go! Might try to do this for my Slate card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.