cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP - NOT instant approval - $17,300!

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Chase CSP - NOT instant approval - $17,300!

I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card on Tuesday (7/20), and after a loooooong 3-4 days, I finally learned I got approved with a vague email from Chase yesterday that I'll get my card in 3-5 business days. No mention of CL or APR, so I tried the automated status line one more time and instead of the 2 week message, I got confirmation of my approval, along with my SL ($17,300) and APR (15.99%). This is my HIGHEST starting limit to date, and second highest credit limit (BCP is at $30k after a 3x CLI and 2x CLI). I did NOT think Chase would be this generous to me, and I was starting to think the application might go to recon because of my bumpy past with Chase in the mid to late 2000's.

Data Points at time of Approval:

• Fico 8 Scores
    • EX: 765
    • EQ: 765
    • TU: 767
  • Pulled: EX only (no alerts or inquiries on TU or EQ, surprisingly).
  • Oldest account: 3 years, 2 months
  • Youngest account: 11 months (2 cards last August)
  • Average age: 2 years, 1 month
  • Inquiries: 2 on EX (0 on the rest)
  • Income: $76,500
  • Utilization: Individual < 3% each (3/7 cards reporting); Total <1%
  • Total Credit Lines: This card now brings me to > $100k in revolving credit lines!
  • Overall: I have 6 open credit cards and 1 open charge card; 1 open auto loan (refinance); 1 closed CC & Auto loan

If anyone has questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CSP - NOT instant approval - $17,300!

I almost forgot - Sub is 100k points after $4k spend in 3 months. When does the 3 month clock start and end? Is there a way to keep track with Chase?

Message 2 of 28
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 3 of 28
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

I almost forgot - Sub is 100k points after $4k spend in 3 months. When does the 3 month clock start and end? Is there a way to keep track with Chase?

First off congrats on pulling the trigger and getting approved!

There is a SUB tracker in the rewards page somewhere that helps you keep track of how much you've spent and the date you need to reach the $4k by. It should be there for sure and one of the features I wish other banks used

Message 4 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CSP approval, Nice SL🤑

Message 5 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new CSP, great card to have Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 28
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CSP approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 28
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Sapphire approval!🎉

Message 8 of 28
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

There is a SUB tracker in the rewards page somewhere that helps you keep track of how much you've spent and the date you need to reach the $4k by. It should be there for sure and one of the features I wish other banks used

Thanks @simplynoir, that's very good to know! And thank you for helping me decide to go for it!

Message 9 of 28
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

Thanks @simplynoir, that's very good to know! And thank you for helping me decide to go for it!

No problem and glad it all worked out! Enjoy the new card and its SUB there 🍸

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.