cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Approved Post Bankruptcy IIBK

tag
Zer07

Chase Credit Card Approved Post Bankruptcy IIBK

Surprisingly, I was just approved for a Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card with $1,000 CL. Even after reading all the stories on here, I decided to try since I've been a long standing customer with them. I was rejected Amex CC last month even after a recon call (they wanted me to pay it all back so seems like it might be possible).

All details below:

- BK Chapter 7 discharged back in December 2016. Chase was IIBK for about $16k

- Been long standing Chase checking/savings customer. Personal and business accounts. 

- Been authorized user on wife's Chase Credit card for years.

- No Chase CC preapproved on their preapproval site

- No BK question (yes/no) on application like I've seen other people post about. I assume because I was logged into my Chase account (?)

- Denied on Application Submit

- Called Recon line at (888) 270-2127 immediately

- I asked for reconsideration. They transferred me to another associate. I stated at first that I know why they denied, and that I am looking to create a new relationship with them even with the smallest credit limit to build back the trust. 

- They asked questions like why I filed,  current work, confirmed income, confirmed mortgage payment, etc. Note: my income now is significantly more than it was back then. 
- I was completely honest about why I filed and gave a bit of the back story (more business related reasoning which is true)

- Currently just 2 other Personal Capital One CC and 1 Business Capital One CC. 

They said they had all the information they need and that I would know by mail in 1-2 weeks. I recieved an email about 4 hours later stating I was approved. 

Just wanted to share because it's possible. Good luck out there. 

17 REPLIES 17
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card Approved Post Bankruptcy IIBK

Congrats on the successful recon!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 2 of 18
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase approval!!

Message 3 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yet another Chase recon Approval WooHooSmileyWave-vi.gif

Thanks for sharing your DP's

@Zer07, Welcome to the forums.

Message 4 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the great work!

Message 5 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Zer07 and welcome to the forums. I bank with them and my auto loan is with them. But I wont take that chance. Just like the Chase Amazon. BK? No go.

Message 6 of 18
user979797
Established Contributor

Thanks for the data points an CONGRATS on your Post BK approval with Chase Smiley Happy

>
Message 7 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Chase Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 8 of 18
FicoComeback2018
Established Member

@Zer07 wrote:

Surprisingly, I was just approved for a Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card with $1,000 CL. Even after reading all the stories on here, I decided to try since I've been a long standing customer with them. I was rejected Amex CC last month even after a recon call (they wanted me to pay it all back so seems like it might be possible).

All details below:

- BK Chapter 7 discharged back in December 2016. Chase was IIBK for about $16k

- Been long standing Chase checking/savings customer. Personal and business accounts. 

- Been authorized user on wife's Chase Credit card for years.

- No Chase CC preapproved on their preapproval site

- No BK question (yes/no) on application like I've seen other people post about. I assume because I was logged into my Chase account (?)

- Denied on Application Submit

- Called Recon line at (888) 270-2127 immediately

- I asked for reconsideration. They transferred me to another associate. I stated at first that I know why they denied, and that I am looking to create a new relationship with them even with the smallest credit limit to build back the trust. 

- They asked questions like why I filed,  current work, confirmed income, confirmed mortgage payment, etc. Note: my income now is significantly more than it was back then. 
- I was completely honest about why I filed and gave a bit of the back story (more business related reasoning which is true)

- Currently just 2 other Personal Capital One CC and 1 Business Capital One CC. 

They said they had all the information they need and that I would know by mail in 1-2 weeks. I recieved an email about 4 hours later stating I was approved. 

Just wanted to share because it's possible. Good luck out there. 

OMGoodness! There is hope after all for us BK7'ers! Congratulations!!

Message 9 of 18
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CFU approval🎉🎉🎉

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.