Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denial Becomes An Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Denial Becomes An Approval

A couple weeks ago I applied for the Amazon Chase card and was given a denial online. I decided to call in to the reconsideration line and went through all the questions with the rep and was again told that I couldn't be approved. I do have a bankruptcy on my record, but have never had a Chase card before. The rep insisted that I had a Chase card in the past but I am 100% positive I never have. Anyways, since my bankruptcy I have gotten a better job and have had numerous approvals on cards such as AMEX, US Bank, etc. and have never had a late payment. I get the denial letter in the mail and it says they couldn't approve me because of the bankruptcy just as I figured.

Fast forward a week later I get an email saying that my card through Chase has now been approved. Keep in mind, I hadn't called back or anything so I'm kinda surprised. Today I got a letter in the mail saying that they reviewed my application again and decided to go ahead and approve me and my card is now on the way. Has anyone else ever had this happen or heard of it happening after being denied twice and not even calling back again? It seems a little odd to me, but I guess I'm not complaining.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Denial Becomes An Approval

Wow congrats. Those kinds of things definitly dont happen very often. Just tread carefully for a couple of months to make sure they did not have a brain fart or something and close your account. Enjoy your new Amazon visa!

Message 2 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for sharing.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Message 4 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the turnaround for an approval

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I've never heard of that. Congrats to you!!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's a great outcome!  You were destined to have this card in your possession. 

Message 7 of 15
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

#AutoReconDenialApproval
Congrats! That’s unheard of!!
What’s your SL btw?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card and apparently successful recon!
Message 9 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Not often you hear about getting denied on both initial and recon, then an approval days later. Glad it worked out for you!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.