Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denial overturned by Recon Line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Denial overturned by Recon Line

I was trying to be in Garden from few days after getting 10+ HPs & refusals in last 30 days from various places.

I am new to US & got discover secured & C1 Plati as first two cards & first two apps. After that, wanted to get more credit card for usable limits, applied here & there, but got refused from everywhere. Found about Amazon Credit Builder card Unsecured & Secured; applied & of couse got refused. In between somewheer I also had applied for Chase Card.

From this forum found about the Bank Reconsideration Lines; got Chase's recon line; called & explained her why I need it?

• My salary comes in Chase Checking & ACH from Chase to Discover takes 7-8 days, for Discover  CC payment. I will be able to pay Chase CC immideatly.
  • Discover & C1 have smaller limits, I have to pay 3-4 times in a month just to use them in day-to-day things.
  • Chase Freedom Unlimited also give rewards.
  • New inquires are because of my attempt to get a decent CL for daily life. I am not ready to get any card with Annual Fees or like Credit One types (where intrest starts from the day of posting, no grace period).
  • In my brief & thin file, I have always PIF every month as well as 3/4 times again in between.
  • A week or few days before statement issue date I am not able to use both cards as any balance like $100/$150 will put me over 30% utilaztion. I also can not pay before txns have been posted.

She said she understands & she will go check things. Asked me if I want Paypal card OR Amazon Card Or card from Chase direct (All of these were on my report as HPs). She verified my details again, asked questions about household income & asked me to hold & few minutes later said the Magic Words $1000 Chase Freedom UL is approved. Well spend 57 minutes on phone on my off-day.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chesa Denial overturned by Recon Line

congrats on your approval 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

davchana does that feel good! Recon and patience sure paid off. You now have something to work with ... keep up the great work! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, but definitely sounds like you should chill out on the applications if you have 10+ HPs in the last 30 days. Take your rewards and enter the garden!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks, this was the last app Smiley Happy Now just going to wait for next 7-8 months.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! Successful recons are the best feeling 😊

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.