Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase FU Auto-CLI

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase FU Auto-CLI

@TIPPY-BOB wrote:

What's your theory? Mine might be the same. 

Nothing super detailed, but the one time I got an auto CLI from Chase, it was after I had carried a large balance (over 50% as I recall) for several months and then paid it off. The CLI, from $12k to $16k, showed up on the next statement.  Sample size was 1, but it felt like more than a coincidence. This was maybe two years ago. 

I had also paid them a bunch of interest on that balance, so I wonder if that helped encourage them to give me more rope. 

What's yours?

Message 11 of 26
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

Message 12 of 26
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your auto limit increase! Great to see Chase do this! 

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. Congrats 

Message 14 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 15 of 26
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Same thing. I had a similar experience with Capital One. And interestingly, for the cards I pay off in full monthly (paying no interest), I've yet to receive an auto increase. Also, some cc companies seem to reward carrying a balance between 30-50% with auto increases, which seems to encourage balance carrying. Of course, their incentive is earning interest, which is their business. 

Message 16 of 26
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 17 of 26
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the surprise auto CLI!

Message 18 of 26
BAD_UP
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Chase FU Auto CLI🎉👍

Starting Score: 541
Nov 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 635, TU8 636, EX8 644
Dec 15 2020 score: EQ FICO8 633, TU8 658, EX8 661
Jan 15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 698, TU8 689, EX8 706
Feb15 2021 Score EQ FICO8 704, TU8 702 , EX8 712 Goal Score: All Scores 760+,

In the garden since 1/28/21
Recently App. 1/3/21 & 1/23/21
What will you attempt to do if you knew could not Fail?
Message 19 of 26
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Congrats!

I have a half-baked theory about these. Would you mind sharing more details about what your usage has been? Specifically, I'm wondering if you recently paid off a balance that had been high. And did you pay them any interest along the way?

Great question @Curious_George2 you got me thinking too, so I went back and checked my activity for 2020 to present.

• Set the FU to handle many of my auto-renewals monthly, starting August 2020 (About $900/mth)
  • No interest charged during 2020 due to PIF
  • Possible Trigger: 2 charges were put on here ($3100 and $3,200) which ultimately did result in interest as I did not PIF in January. $3,000 remainining statement balance carried into February from these charges which could've made the CLI lords happy.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.