Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase FU approval .. wayyyyyy past 5/24

tag
Jwagner
Valued Member

Chase FU approval .. wayyyyyy past 5/24

Just got approved for the CFU at a "meh" $4500 - but it was rather unexpected to even see the approval AT ALL.

I'm WAYYYY past 5/24  More like 12/24 and 15INQs or better.   I check the preapprove tab occasionally on Chase and today instead of the usual "Offer" of more bonus points for referring people, there were offers for the Freedom, Freedom Ultd and the Slate.   Pretty all the same offer, 15mos 0% interest, no BT fees, etc etc.   So I went ahead and entered the income info, added my AU (wife, always get her a card whenever I get a new one too) and hit Send.   I really didn't expect anything of it, more or less verifying the error in the offer.  Came back with an instant approval.  

What made it doubly odd, per se, is that I just **bleep** near maxed the CSP out last week paying off my upcoming wedding reception in July and it sits at about 90% util as I haven't paid it off yet.   I'm almost all out of credit on paper with Chase at the moment - so they offered more outisde the 5/24 apparently

I just got a CSP on 9/22/17, it was my last card and still be eligible under their 5/24, have been declined in the past since then for any of their affiliated cards (Disney, etc). 

Anyhow, that wasn't expected, but I'll take it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase FU approval .. wayyyyyy past 5/24

CongratsSmiley Happy Just curious as to what kind of limits do you currently have that $4500 is a meh limit? ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Jwagner
Valued Member

decided to push my luck a little since there were multiple offers, app'd the regular Freedom and came back with a SL of $5.5, app'd the Slate and got the 30 day message.  on that note, pushing my chair away from the table and cashing out while still ahead.

Really don't know what's up with Chase today.  Freedom got a 1k higher SL than the FU.

As far as what I called $4500 "meh" for is Chase usually seems a little better than that - like with the CSP, the bare minimum SL is $5k.  My avg limit on most of cards runs between 9k (NFCU) to (Amex) 27k.  

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your trifecta attainment.

Hopefully their lending risk team doesn’t take a deeper look at your multiple applications. If I read correctly, that’s 3 applications in the same day with the 3rd likely either being an automatic decline because of the first two approvals or requiring a manual review.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I also hope that 3rd application don't put you on Chase radar.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you for updating the meh lolSmiley Happy. I felt meh with Penfed, uhh, with Discover and whatevs with ChaseSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and hopefully you can get all the cards.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.