Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fairmont Visa Signature Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Fairmont Visa Signature Approved!

Good morning everyone,

I applied for the Chase Fairmont Visa Signature yesterday afternoon and this morning it was showing up in my online Chase accounts. Nice to have the two free nights initially, and it will be interesting down the road to see what card Chase offers in its place now that this card is no longer being offered. It's my 4th Chase card.

We're mostly a Hyatt and W Hotels family, but there are some nice Fairmonts including the Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda where we can certainly use our two free nights stay.

Excited about the approval and hope that everyone has a very nice weekend! Smiley Happy

Fairmont Card Art_FINAL_May_10_2012.jpg

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Fairmont Visa Signature Approved!

I should have apped for that instead of the AARP this morning, but I wasn't sure what CRA it pulled, there seems to be a lack of data points -I knew Chase would pull Ex for the AARP
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 61
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats.

All bets are on Freedom U for the change or you can move CL to a card you want to and close it I guess.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.

All bets are on Freedom U for the change or you can move CL to a card you want to and close it I guess.

Thanks, redpat. Do you think they will offer a choice of regular Freedom or just the Freedom Unlimited? I think I'd prefer the regular Freedom. It's also difficult to say how far down the road that Chase may make such a shift. It may not be for a year, but I can enjoy the Fairmont card until that time! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
I should have apped for that instead of the AARP this morning, but I wasn't sure what CRA it pulled, there seems to be a lack of data points -I knew Chase would pull Ex for the AARP

AARP has nice dining benefits and 0% APR for 12 months for puchases and balances transfers. Congratulations and enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 61
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.

Thanks, redpat. Do you think they will offer a choice of regular Freedom or just the Freedom Unlimited? I think I'd prefer the regular Freedom. It's also difficult to say how far down the road that Chase may make such a shift. It may not be for a year, but I can enjoy the Fairmont card until that time! Smiley Happy

You can always PC after the change because Freedom and Freedom U are not co-branded cards so I think once it's changed you can PC it.  If that makes sense....

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 6 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats but I thought they removed this card already?
Message 7 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.

You can always PC after the change because Freedom and Freedom U are not co-branded cards so I think once it's changed you can PC it.  If that makes sense....

This is true you can PC between FU and Freedom or vice versa without sisue.  Honestly wasn't using the Freedom much last quarter or this quarter so I deiced to PC to FU to give it a try for some non-cat spending as regular freedom wasn't seeing much spend and asked JPM if any issue PC'ing back if I decided the FU didn't work and not an issue at all.. So lets say restauraunts show back up as one of the cats I will PC back and collect my 5x UR's up to 1500 and then probably PC bac to FU after that... 

Message 8 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

A few active links you can find that hasn't been taken down.  From Fairmont webiste or for that matter Chaes you can't apply, but they still exist such as.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?SPID=FKRZ&CELL=67QN&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

Message 9 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, 12velectronics! I'm excited about my new card. I used one of the links tydawg provided. These are not listed on the main Chase page any longer and CC has listed them within this thread. 

I'm guessing that the links won't be valid for very much longer. Feeling fortunate that I just slid in under the wire. Smiley Happy

Special thank you to tydawg for posting the original information and clandestine link. 

Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.