Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***Chase Freedom***APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Chase Freedom***APPROVED!

Well,

I know I was supposed to be in the January and February Garden club... and I WAS. But I just had one more card, on my list, besides American Express, that I want for 2016. AMEX still won't show me no luv.

I had previously applied for both of the Chase Freedom and Slate in October, after receiving pre-approved letters. But I was declined for both, stating too  many inquiries. And they didn't want anything to do with  me. Those were my TransUnion & Experian reports they INQ on. Those reports have have about 30+, but not EQ. EQ has about 8. Well now 10 (Chase & Citi).

So on Saturday, I applied for AMEX, Chase and CitiBank cards.

Citi immediately shot me down, stating too many INQ's...really? 8? And Amex said they wanted to speak with me. When I called, they said I have an alert on my EX and wanted me to remove it. Uhhh, NO! 

But Chase gave a review message. So, I wound up calling the status line on Sunday and the guy told me that the app is being reviewed and it's in the Verifications dept and gave me the number to call on Monday morning. (877) 470-9042.

Called this morning, gave my Social Security number. They stated that they are reviewing my aplication, but since I have a fraud alert on my credit report, that they need to send a code to my cell phone. Now I never put a fraud Alert on my EQ, just TU & EX. WHATEVER, I'll roll with it, and play roulette! This is Chase...I've never gotten this far before.

Got the code, told her what it was and she said I was verified and approved for $4,000! DAAAAMN! It will be my highest CL to date. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I called the Card Application Status line at: (888) 338-2586.  Entered my social and it said I have been approved! Smiley Happy

2 years ago, I only had 1 CC and worked on rebuilding my credit thru these forums. Great information and educational lessons. Who needs to pay thousands of dollars to these for profit, rip-off so-called credit repair bureaus to rebuild? All you need is Microsoft Word, writing skills, the ability to be very demanding on getting what you want. Also search for  sample letters on Google and MyFICO (RECON, PFD, and DISPUTES). I have done it all. Some of the PFD's are $$$,  but if you want good credit, it's better than paying in full.

It takes time and I'm still in the process of fighting , but look where I am now.

Now I can really go into the Garden Club for the rest of 2016, without apping for MORE! BTW my March FICO scores are: TU: 634 EX: 652 AND EQ: 721

I took the liberty a few weeks ago, of closing out one of the predadtory cards: First Access from Mid America Bank & Trust Company I will get to the Verve soon enough, once I pay this balance off.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ***Chase Freedom***APPROVED!

freezing reports to dictate what CRA the lender pulls is against TOS. congrats on the approval but i would edit your post to delete that portion.
Message 2 of 15
Kiki901
New Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am going to use this card and do some BT's for all of my other cards with balances and then pay off Freedom down to 2% and let that ride. that way, I only use 1 card for evrything I need. Since this is the card with the highest CL. I have about $2,000 left in CC balances. I had over $5,000 with all those new cards I racked up over the holiday season.

Do yu guys have any advice on how I should go about managing these balances better?

Message 4 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 15
OG_54
Regular Contributor

Congrats I was approved for 5k this morning applied Saturday had to do the fraud department call loving chase
12/19/17 EQ:722 TU:742 EX:738 Goal: 750
Chase Freedom: 7,000 Chase Freedom Unlimited: 4,500 Discover It: 6,000
American Express BCE: 15,700 Capital One QS: 6500
Message 6 of 15
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Freedom!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval... I use a spreadsheet that has all of the due dates listed as well as balances which are usually paid in full leaving only a small amount on 1 so that it's reported my CR

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 9 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.