Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom App

tag
aspenius
Established Member

Chase Freedom App

I applied online, following a pre-qualifier for the Chase Freedom card at the end of May, not an instant approval.  This app was 1 of 4 in my first app spree.  All of the others were approved instantly, so I thought this app may be declined.  My credit scores:  EQ 718, TU 719, and EX 668.  I called the app status line frequently, the first two days provided the 30 day recording.  On the third day, the recording changed to 7-10 days (which some say either likely declined or expect a letter for further info).  Yesterday, I received the Fraud dept. verification letter.  I quickly called the number provided in the letter, gave the ref#, spoke with a very nice rep, who verified my info.and confirmed that I did initiate the app.  The rep sent me a code, which I repeated back.  I did state I have been a longtime Chase Mort. customer.  I pointed out that this may be why she is contacting me, since the mort. is in my previous name.  The rep advised I would hear something in 2 weeks.   I contacted Chase mort. CS, to update name.  Later that evening, I called the app status line.  The recording changed back to 30 days.  I called the status line again this evening, and the recording stated I was approved, 4800 CL.  I am very happy, and basically did the app spree to boost my revolving credit from 1 major CC to 5.  

Thank you myfico team and members.  The posts I have scoured for my family's credit journey have been extremely helpful and have paved the way to reach new heights in our pursuit of excellent credit.   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom App

CONGRATS

Nice app spree! 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.