cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Application - Weird Call?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Application - Weird Call?!

Hello everyone, this morning I applied online for a Chase Freedom card. I received a message saying they would send me a letter about approval within 30 days. I was surprised because my credit score is 721 and I have an excellent payment history.

Anyway a few hours later I get a call from Chase. The agent seemed odd and was asking me to verify if I applied for the card, she sent a text to my phone and asked me for the 6 digit code. She then said I was approved for a $3,600 CL and I would get my card in one to two weeks. I never heard of this process before and my cynical side wasn't even sure it was a rep from Chase. Did this happen to anyone else? Is it all good you think?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Application - Weird Call?!

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, this morning I applied online for a Chase Freedom card. I received a message saying they would send me a letter about approval within 30 days. I was surprised because my credit score is 721 and I have an excellent payment history.

Anyway a few hours later I get a call from Chase. The agent seemed odd and was asking me to verify if I applied for the card, she sent a text to my phone and asked me for the 6 digit code. She then said I was approved for a $3,600 CL and I would get my card in one to two weeks. I never heard of this process before and my cynical side wasn't even sure it was a rep from Chase. Did this happen to anyone else? Is it all good you think?

Hey, OP!

Chase did the same to me in the past. When you get the 30-day letter notice, it means that you have not been automatically denied, but rather that Chase needs to look at your application closely and call you to verify some things. 

Congrats on the nice SL. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. Was really a bit weirded out because I could barely hear her, and she was so robotic and cold she made me nervous!
Message 3 of 15
JohnnyGaddar
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes when they call on your phone. They need to verify that it’s you and your phone number is matches to the one on application, before they discuss anything related to your application. Congrats on your approval.

Date 07/01/2018

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback
Message 5 of 15
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

It was just a Security check making sure you really did apply since your number is most likely listed on your report and verifying it with you will confirm your app.
Congrats!!
Darn now those songs “Avalon” and “More than this” will be stuck in my head for the weekend!! Lol
Love them though Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 15
Aahz
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You think THAT'S weird? 

My adult daughter applied for a Citi card last year.  Before opening her card Citi called me and had me confirm a code they texted to my phone.  While she is an AU on a couple of my cards and Joint holder on one of my cards, I had no connection to this application whatsoever.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I just confirmed it was true by calling the hotline. So excited thanks!

Hey that's good, having those songs stuck in your head is a good thing lol! The whole Flesh and Blood & Avalon LPs are wonderful.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I guess my call wasn't so u usual after all. Thanks for sharing!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval...take it and run..lol...Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.