cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval...Yes Please and Thank You!

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approval...Yes Please and Thank You!

@SarahJo wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

Chase Freedom had the $200 offer, 14.99%, and 0% for 15 months BT

Congratulations!  Your application has been approved! (i'm sorry for no screen shot, I was in shock). Your limit is $21,300 :-)  Yes please and thank you Sir Chase!

EDIT: 4/24 at time of approval, single EX HP (758) so far, no negatives, AOoA 14 years, AAoA 2.5 years-ish, terms as expected in offer mentioned above, UTI <1%.

Congrats on your Chase Freedom approval and outstanding Starting Limit!   Smiley Very Happy

Insider Tip:  Chase is my largest lender by far and one thing I love is that I can easily move limits between cards, which I have done several times.  (My CF approval was $21.7K I believe?  But I bumped it up to an even $25.0K by moving limits.)  Easy to do with a secure message on the website or a phone call to customer service.  I mention all this because I see your CSP is at $9.7K, IHG at $12.2K and CF at $21.3K.  If it were me, I'd want a higher limit on my CSP than CF, but you can redistribute however you want.  You just can't move between business and personal credit lines.    Your total Chase credit lines are $43.2K.  For example, if you wanted to go to just $5K (each) on CF/IHG, you could have a $33.2K CL on your CSP.  Or you could bump up CSP to $16K, CF down to $15K, and leave IHG at $12.2K.  Or any of dozens other combinations.  *Also, if you later decide to close one of the cards, they will typically allow you to move all that credit to another card except for $500.  

So play with it and have fun! And enjoy your new Freedom card!

Yes, thank you! Your read my mind ;-)  I was tapping away on the search function to make sure of the fluidity between the Freedom and the CSP limits.  I can do this at anytime, as in not having to wait for the first statement to cut? 

I believe you can do it at any time, but I've never tried it immediately after approval.  The earliest I moved a limit was probably after a month or two when they transferred some of my credit line off my CSR to approve my Hyatt at $30K! (I later moved limits to cut my Marriott and Hyatt to just $10K each.  They started at $33K and $30K.)  A call to customer service should answer it and there shouldn't be any concern on their part about you asking.  They'll let you know the policy.  The Chase reps I've talked to have always been helpful!  Here's another tip though.  I have a different phone number to call about my Sapphire card.  You might get better service if you call referencing your Sapphire card and asking if (or when) you can transfer some of that new credit limit.  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 21 of 39
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the nice SL!!!!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 22 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SarahJo wrote:

9C0E889D-DB27-4833-9F47-6F442ACB0581.jpeg

Here she is! Called to have the card expedited because, well why not...wait time was 2-4 minutes out of the 10 minute call.

Sure ir purdySmiley Happy

Message 23 of 39
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

Chase Freedom had the $200 offer, 14.99%, and 0% for 15 months BT

Congratulations!  Your application has been approved! (i'm sorry for no screen shot, I was in shock). Your limit is $21,300 :-)  Yes please and thank you Sir Chase!

EDIT: 4/24 at time of approval, single EX HP (758) so far, no negatives, AOoA 14 years, AAoA 2.5 years-ish, terms as expected in offer mentioned above, UTI <1%.

Congrats on your Chase Freedom approval and outstanding Starting Limit!   Smiley Very Happy

Insider Tip:  Chase is my largest lender by far and one thing I love is that I can easily move limits between cards, which I have done several times.  (My CF approval was $21.7K I believe?  But I bumped it up to an even $25.0K by moving limits.)  Easy to do with a secure message on the website or a phone call to customer service.  I mention all this because I see your CSP is at $9.7K, IHG at $12.2K and CF at $21.3K.  If it were me, I'd want a higher limit on my CSP than CF, but you can redistribute however you want.  You just can't move between business and personal credit lines.    Your total Chase credit lines are $43.2K.  For example, if you wanted to go to just $5K (each) on CF/IHG, you could have a $33.2K CL on your CSP.  Or you could bump up CSP to $16K, CF down to $15K, and leave IHG at $12.2K.  Or any of dozens other combinations.  *Also, if you later decide to close one of the cards, they will typically allow you to move all that credit to another card except for $500.  

So play with it and have fun! And enjoy your new Freedom card!

Yes, thank you! Your read my mind ;-)  I was tapping away on the search function to make sure of the fluidity between the Freedom and the CSP limits.  I can do this at anytime, as in not having to wait for the first statement to cut? 

I believe you can do it at any time, but I've never tried it immediately after approval.  The earliest I moved a limit was probably after a month or two when they transferred some of my credit line off my CSR to approve my Hyatt at $30K! (I later moved limits to cut my Marriott and Hyatt to just $10K each.  They started at $33K and $30K.)  A call to customer service should answer it and there shouldn't be any concern on their part about you asking.  They'll let you know the policy.  The Chase reps I've talked to have always been helpful!  Here's another tip though.  I have a different phone number to call about my Sapphire card.  You might get better service if you call referencing your Sapphire card and asking if (or when) you can transfer some of that new credit limit.  

Perfect, thank you again.  I think I'll wait until at least a statement cuts, and using the CSP number is a great suggestion.  You are right on about the CSP CS, I've had to cancel one international vacay and reschedule another.  The process has been seamless as everything was either booked through or using a Chase card, very thankful for that!  

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 24 of 39
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new card, and your new roof! 

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your massive approval!

Message 26 of 39
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 27 of 39
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your string of Chase approvals !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 28 of 39
followgreatness
Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 29 of 39
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.