Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval after SLATE revoked

tag
DH1988
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Approval after SLATE revoked

Hi guys,

Ok so, when I was in college I had 2 Cap one platinum cards (I eventually merged). Around this time my mom opened a Chase Slate in my name that I didn't know about. The card was later revoked. Fast forward about 5 years I applied for a loan through Chase and was denied so I assumed they weren't happy with me. I do have a checking and savings account w/ them but assumed they'd never give me another credit card so I kinda put it out of my mind. Recently, I've noticed the CF, CFU, CSP, and Slate coming up as pre-approvals. I was getting pre-approvals in the mail about the Disney card & other co-branded cards. When I went into the branch I was told I was pre-approved for all the Chase cards including the CSR.  I know I'm not ready for the CSR but after hearing that, the exclusive $300 SUB on the Chase Freedom just became too hard to ignore...

In Sept 2018 I joined the AMEX family ($4k), Oct 2018 acquired a car lease, Nov 2018 increased my Nordstrom VS limit from $7500--> $10k.

I know that gardening was probably the right choice but I got the new card itch and ...I scratched it. I applied for the CF and was instantly approved. I wasn't thrilled with the 25% APR or the $2800 limit because I was kinda hoping to do a BT from my cap one card w/ the 0% interest promo but I dont even care because I'm so happy I'm not blackballed!

I'm excited to get back in Chase's good graces--I had high hopes for this card but I probably won't use it much once the 15 month 0% APR is over. The APR is too high, the limit is too low and I'm not crazy about the HP for CLI.

I plan to garden for a while as this was a big (credit using) year for me. But when that's over I've got an eye on Discover, Citi & Cap1 Venture cards.

I realized I didn't ask a question or anything on this post, but I love reading your advice, opinions and experiences. Please do share! Smiley Happy Thank you...

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approval after SLATE revoked

Congrats on your approval!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 5 of 6
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.