Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Approval

Finally got in the door with Chase! After being denied for a thin file when I first started, here I am now. Instant approval of 3.4k! I opted for the freedom because the FU is outclassed by my NFCU flagship. But also rotating category cards rock! I’m not entirely sure about my status with 5/24, but I think I was at 4/24.

I am wondering though... is it possible to recon a SL with Chase? 3.4k is great and all, but if I can get a bit more... why not? I tried looking through the site for similar posts but most people seemed to be reconning a denial as opposed to a SL.

Either way, I’m happy!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approval

Congrats on your new card!’

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 12
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Enjoy your new Chase card!  The best thing I like about Chase is they will report your zero balance at any time during the cycle. Lets say your statement cuts and you owe $500. You decide to PIF the $500 some time after that. Then 2 days later (aprox.) they will report to bureaus that your balance is zero. You don't have to wait until next billing cycle for the reports to show the balance is cleared.  Smiley Wink

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the FU ..!!!

Message 5 of 12
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting in the door with Chase and yes you can ask for a higher SL at activation it will however be an additional HP.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase Freedom approval!

Message 8 of 12
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 9 of 12
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally got in the door with Chase! After being denied for a thin file when I first started, here I am now. Instant approval of 3.4k! I opted for the freedom because the FU is outclassed by my NFCU flagship. But also rotating category cards rock! I’m not entirely sure about my status with 5/24, but I think I was at 4/24.

I am wondering though... is it possible to recon a SL with Chase? 3.4k is great and all, but if I can get a bit more... why not? I tried looking through the site for similar posts but most people seemed to be reconning a denial as opposed to a SL.

Either way, I’m happy!
Congrats on the SL, Chase is an interesting place where you can call for Recon "press your luck" or get a Whamy no whamy no whamy and ..... If your at 4/24 I would wait but hey its all about the file you have!!! Cheers!
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.