cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved - 678 FICO 8

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Approved - 678 FICO 8

Chase approved me for the Chase Freedom, $3,800 SL! Considering my two charged off badies from 2015 I feel this is pretty good. 

I will say, I am dissapointed in the SL. I have $5,800 in relatively high interest debt which I was hoping to transfer. Additionally, I put a lot of thought into making sure the card also had an introductory 0% purchase rate which in the end won't come into play. 

After the approved screen showed with my interest rate and SL there was a phone number to call if I had a problem with the SL. I didn't note this (like a dummy) and then clicked the check box acknowledging I understod the terms. Did I screw myself? I have to wait for everything to come in the mail at this point as I skipped the step for all the online access. Any recommendations, let me know. 

Should I go for another BT card to cover all my debt? Perhaps discover pre-approval link.

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved - 678 FICO 8

Congrats, what is is done is done. probably another HP for not that much increase. just a wild guess.

Message 2 of 17
Contributor

Trying calling one of the backdoor numbers in the sticky for a SL reconsideration. Doesn't hurt to try.

Current Collection:

Future Additions:
Message 3 of 17
Regular Contributor

@GardenPro wrote:

Trying calling one of the backdoor numbers in the sticky for a SL reconsideration. Doesn't hurt to try.

No luck - CSR said there would be another hard pull. I may have been better off if I called the number provided before acknowledging everything but I'll never know. Thanks for the tip anyhow. 

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 4 of 17

Grats on the freedom. If you need to move money over to avoid interest then do it, just keep it below 89% of the cards limit. IMHO payng interest trumps Fico score considerations.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 5 of 17
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the freedom. If you need to move money over to avoid interest then do it, just keep it below 89% of the cards limit. IMHO payng interest trumps Fico score considerations.

Thanks! You're actually addressing a question before I've thought to post it yet... do you think keeping it below 89% will make a big difference compared to say, 100% (score-wise)? Also, since there is no interest the account cannot go over 100% if I park the balance there, is that correct? This is my first BT. 

My NFCU is at 90% and my QS1 53% - - figuring the best way to go about this. If only they approved me for like $20k I would have been much better off Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 17
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

AU

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 751

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your new CSP

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>08/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Jack Webb: "That figures. Now let me see if I got the facts straight here. Cleaning woman Clara Clifford discovered your clean copper clappers kept in a closet were copped by Claude Cooper the kleptomaniac from Cleveland. Now, is that about it?"
Message 8 of 17
Regular Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats on your new CSP

Didn't get a CSP, lol, but thanks.

Message 9 of 17
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Freedom approval!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.