Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved -I guess 5/24 did not apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Approved -I guess 5/24 did not apply

I had been looking on the prequal sites about a week ago as I do every once in a while just to see if anything comes up.  After never having anything come up on Chase before, this time the Freedom and Slate did.   I knew of the 5/24 rule, I knew I was over it, but I did have that prequal (I know...no guarantee) so I just said let's see what happens.  It went to pending.  I figured that was that and just called the line to see what message they gave me which was the two week.  I was pretty sure it was going to change to 7-10.  

Anyway, what happened is I was approved.  Just got the e-mail today. No idea on SL and not going to call, don't want any trouble, lol.   They pulled EX and TU on me.  TU only has 3 INQ but EX had 14 and there was more accounts than five in the last two years.  O.k., I'll just admit there was more than five in the last six months for the data point.  

A little shocked, but I'm finally in with Chase.   Maybe that 5/24 thing wasn't working out very well for them or maybe I just got lucky.

UPDATED:  I just decided to call the automated line and see if it said anything about the CL and it did.  $3,000.00 SL.  I didn't think they'd start me anywhere near that, especially since it wasn't auto approval so I am happy with it for sure!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approved -I guess 5/24 did not apply

Congrats......I think you did get lucky tho.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I think that makes two of us lucky folks...I knew I was over the 5/24 as well but app'd anyway. I, too, am happy to be in with Chase!!
Message 3 of 9
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Glad you got through.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, well done !!

Message 5 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 9
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome 2 the family..............

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes 3 of us, same story. I posted about it. I have 8 and always was told no offers last night I as offered both and took freedom tonight. Maybe the 5/24 is not such a thing.

Message 8 of 9
Poppa
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.