Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved Over 5/24 more like 9/24

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Approved Over 5/24 more like 9/24

Current Fico 08's are listed,  didn't get a notification from CK so im gonna take a guess it was Experian.  Pretty much was checking yesterday and saw that I was 9/24 and no pop ups on the offer screen online.  Being that Chase Freedom is one of the last cards i wanted I decided to casually ask the teller at the local Chase branch if there were any Preapprovals,  he said there was I came by a while later to see what those were, I saw there was a couple in there including unlimited and reserve which I have not alot of use for cause of 2% cash back cards and other travel cards I already have.  I went ahead and told the personal banker that I wanted to go for the regular freedom and bit the bullet, when they did the app on the screen didnt give a set apr but bc they said it was pre approved I allowed them to go with it and gave her my income and other relevant info..Soooo......BAM! Approved 18k @ 15.99% Some Data points my Experian is 757 currently and being I have a Sapphire @ 25k a Amazon Visa @ 10.5k , and this Freedom @ 18k it makes up more than the 30% of my income so probably other factors with chase show up, I do have a checking relationship with them (not my primary bank)  and as stated I was at 9/24 and they did have pre approvals in branch so they do bypass 5/24. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Approved Over 5/24 more like 9/24

Wow, great data points!

You mentioned two of your offers were for "unlimited" and "reserve" can you clarify?  I assume you meant Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire Reserve?

If that's the case, I'm surprised they were offering you Reserve since you had Preferred already.  Please report back, I'm curious!

Message 2 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

That's a great SL, congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the offers I saw were Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire Reserve, she wanted to talk to me about the Unlimited but bc I have the DC and some other 2% stuff there was really no point, so chose the Regular Freedom instead and went with that to pair it up with the Sapphire, The Reserve was really non useful to me  bc I dont travel enough these days in order to use it and with that AF I rather be traveling more often if I want to have it.  I was totally surprised with the approval bc I heard they looked at your income relative to your CL with them so I guess its a good data point that its probably not all they look at, however which may or may not  be the case it looks to be that having a checking with them factors in your favor if this is indeed the case.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting a new Chase!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I wasnt expecting this starting CL haha glad to finally get the elephant out of the room there and combine it with my CSP despite being way over 5/24.   Good times!

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on getting a new Chase!

Message 6 of 7
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.