Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved!

tag
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Approved!

I finally decided to app for the Freedom and was approved. I called the automated number and I got a $500 limit but I will recon for a higher limit since a few of my other cards haven't reported their new limits. 

So now my portfolio looks like this: 

1) Discover More

2) Citi Forward 

3) Chase Freedom 

4) Capital One Journey 

All in all given the fact that I only started my credit card journey during January-February of this year I'm pretty satisifed!   Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: I contacted them once and they said it would be a 2nd hardpull whenever my other accounts post the new credit lines. I will contact the Ex. Department on Monday to see if they can do something better. If not, I will probably let my other cards grow for another 6 months, request a CLI from them and once they report a new limit...I'll allow Chase to pull and have them match it or compete by giving me a higher limit Smiley Happy The good thing is that within 2-6 months the majority of my inquiries will be over 1 year with the exception of 3. Therfore, 1 Inquiriy from Chase and at worst an inquiry from Citi, Capital One, and Discover wouldn't damage my score too much. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved!

Congrats. What's your current score? 

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 2 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Thats an awesome profile, now head to the garden and let them grow so you can get over the toy limit hump.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Nice set of cards, except for Capital One. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 16
Imua
Frequent Contributor

congrats on your chase freedom approval.. and just in time to take advantage of the upcoming 2013 1st quarter 5% gas rewards Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@Tran92 wrote:

Congrats. What's your current score? 

Thanks, last month my EQ FICO was 710. 

Message 6 of 16
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Thanks, I know what you mean about the horror stories from Capital One. Smiley Tongue

I have to admit...I like them. They were the first company to approve me when I had no credit. My limit was $300, went to $500 via credit steps, and last month I spoke with their executive department and I got a $500 increase. So my total credit line is $1,000 + 1% back on all purchases + 25% cash back bonus per month on the 1% cash back I earned for the month. So as you can see...they have treated me pretty good Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

Thanks, I know what you mean about the horror stories from Capital One. Smiley Tongue

I have to admit...I like them. They were the first company to approve me when I had no credit. My limit was $300, went to $500 via credit steps, and last month I spoke with their executive department and I got a $500 increase. So my total credit line is $1,000 + 1% back on all purchases + 25% cash back bonus per month on the 1% cash back I earned for the month. So as you can see...they have treated me pretty good Smiley Happy 

I'm happy for your success thus far with Capital One. Now let's see if that 1k credit limit will grow with you as time goes on.

Message 8 of 16
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, Chase is ridicolous some times, 500 CL @ 710 ? They will auto CLI whopping 200 in 6 months time likely. 

Message 9 of 16
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@Congrats, Chase is ridicolous some times, 500 CL @ 710 ? They will auto CLI whopping 200 in 6 months time likely. 

I know! I was expecting around a $1,000 or more CL. I have a checking account with them for over 6 years (when I started high school it was a joint account), no negatives (lates, collections, etc) on any report, 710 EQ FICO, over $20,000 income, and the only reason for a $500 limit...only about a year of revolving history. The only reason I will keep it is that I have my account with them and I can link the card as Overdraft protection. Hopefully I will get it matched soon and if not within 6 months -1 year I'll request a CLI. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.