Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CC Approval!

tag
Gcharb23
Established Member

Chase Freedom CC Approval!

Just recently approved for a 1K CL which was a surprise honestly. I am currently at the beginning stage of rebuilding my credit profile, long overdue. Experian (601) and Transunion (618) HP's, and Equifax shows (611) right now for my Fico Score 8 within the Fico App.

My biggest issues "baddies" are my  past due/late student loans. I'm currently trying to gather as much info prior to contacting my servicers so I know my options and can make the best decisions to rehab them. $40K across 10 different servicers is just a little overwhelming. 

Long story short I used to bank with Chase and held an account for quite some time roughly 10 years. Around 2-3 years due to relocation I found it easier to switch to PNC. Chase account was closed but I continued to recieve Credit Journey Notifications which I ultimately treated as spam and never bothered checking.

I randomly decided to try to log in and to my surprise was able to access a limited version of my account yet it stated I held no account with Chase? Prior to moving forward I checked for any offers which I had none, decided to apply anyways with very little faith on the outcome. I was hit with "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. Thank you for choosing Chase." 

A few days later after no calls, emails or any communication I logged back into the Credit Journey account and it reflected an open and approved Chase Freedom card. Very confused I called to verify it wasn't a mistake lol and expidited delivery on the card which will be here Friday Smiley Happy

Current Score (09/05/2019): EXP: 601; TU: 618; EQ: 611

Capital One QuicksilverOne - $2K

Capital One SavorOne - $2K
Discover It Cash Back - $1,250

Chase Freedom - $1K

Amazon Store Card - $550

Self Lender Credit Builder Account 10/18-Present

AMEX Delta SkyMiles Platinum ($6K)
AMEX Blue Cash Preferred ($10K)
Apple Card ($2K)
Cap1 QS ($3.2K)
Cap1 Savor ($3.8K)
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($14K)
Chase Freedom ($2.5K)
Discover IT ($4.2K)
SYNCB/AMAZON ($2.5K)
SYNCB/Paypal MC ($2.5K)
Macy's AMEX CC ($1K)
Credit One ($750)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CC Approval!

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 17
Gcharb23
Established Member

Thank you!

Apple Card ($2K)
Cap1 QS ($3.2K)
Cap1 Savor ($3.8K)
Chase Freedom ($2.5K)
Discover IT ($4.2K)
SYNCB/AMAZON ($2.5K)
SYNCB/Paypal MC ($2.5K)
Macy's AMEX CC ($1K)
Credit One ($750)
Message 3 of 17
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

simoncongrat.gif

AU

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow thats amazing! You have better cards than most people on those scoresSmiley Happy. Credit One who??Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!  Chase is a tough bank with it comes to forgivness and overlooking past mistakes, so it looks like you're on the way back.

Message 6 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 17
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Nice! Congrats!

Message 8 of 17
Gcharb23
Established Member

Apple Card ($2K)
Cap1 QS ($3.2K)
Cap1 Savor ($3.8K)
Chase Freedom ($2.5K)
Discover IT ($4.2K)
SYNCB/AMAZON ($2.5K)
SYNCB/Paypal MC ($2.5K)
Macy's AMEX CC ($1K)
Credit One ($750)
Message 9 of 17
black_citi
Established Contributor

This is awesome news! My scores are similar to yours and I too am trying to fix my credit. I had one 30 day late on my cap1 venture back in feburary so its hurting my scores but in time it will heal.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.