Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI

In the words of Ice Cube, “Today was a good day”! After what has felt like an eternity, my US Bank Shopper Cash card has finally arrived!

Applied April 8, denied and asked for a reconsideration on April 10 and then was approved on April 13. With the card arriving on today, the 21st, this has got to be the longest it’s ever taken me from application to arrival to get a new card, or at least it feels that way.😃😂

Also I called Chase to see if I can get a limit increase on my OG Chase Freedom card and they doubled my limit. I’ve had the same exact limit, $4400, since I got this card back in February 2020. New limit is $8800!

It was a soft inquiry. One reason I never asked before today was it was always a hard inquiry. Then recently they made it a soft inquiry for you to ask in the app and on the website but I never was eligible when I checked. Decided to just call and see if they'd say yes and thankfully they did!

IMG_9228.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

26 REPLIES 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI

@Jordan23ww wrote:

In the words of Ice Cube, “Today was a good day”! After what has felt like an eternity, my US Bank Shopper Cash card has finally arrived!

Applied April 8, denied and asked for a reconsideration on April 10 and then was approved on April 13. With the card arriving on today, the 21st, this has got to be the longest it’s ever taken me from application to arrival to get a new card, or at least it feels that way.😃😂

Also I called Chase to see if I can get a limit increase on my OG Chase Freedom card and they doubled my limit. I’ve had the same exact limit, $4400, since I got this card back in February 2020. New limit is $8800!

It was a soft inquiry. One reason I never asked before today was it was always a hard inquiry. Then recently they made it a soft inquiry for you to ask in the app and on the website but I never was eligible when I checked. Decided to just call and see if they'd say yes and thankfully they did!

IMG_9228.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

Congratulations on your Freedom card's CLI!

Message 2 of 27
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Outstanding ! Congrats !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 3 of 27
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom credit increase.

Message 4 of 27
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 27
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on doubling your Chase Freedom limit!!!

SchoolsFirst FCU MC $25k
USBank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
FICO 8 Scores: EX 807 I TU 809 I EQ 810
Message 6 of 27
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

IMG_9228.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

They were nicer to you than they were me lol. I only got an $800 increase on my freedom. 

Not to derail the thread, has anyone figured out how often you can ask for SP CLIs from Chase? 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 7 of 27
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

IMG_9228.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg

Congratulations on your Freedom card's CLI!

@CreditMagic7  thank you!

Message 8 of 27
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Creditwiser wrote:

Outstanding ! Congrats !

@Creditwiser thank you!

Message 9 of 27
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom credit increase.

@firefox100  thank you!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.