Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom E-mail CLI

tag
John02
New Contributor

Chase Freedom E-mail CLI

So I was checking my e-mail tonight and noticed an offer from Chase for a "hassle-free credit line increase." I checked it out since I've had the card for a few years and still waiting on my first CLI with them. It said all I had to do was click the Request Now button and enter income info to get a decision. The only problem I saw at first was that the e-mail was almost 2 weeks old and it said I needed to do it by October 31, but I figured I might as well try anyway.

So I tried for the increase..and it worked! Went from $5.5 k to $8k! Smiley Happy

I had about given up on getting an auto-CLI with them and didn't want to go for a HP attempt, so this was a welcome surprise.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom E-mail CLI

Message 2 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Very interesting to know that Chase is doing things a little differently now!
Message 3 of 10
shane82388
Established Contributor

@John02 wrote:

So I was checking my e-mail tonight and noticed an offer from Chase for a "hassle-free credit line increase." I checked it out since I've had the card for a few years and still waiting on my first CLI with them. It said all I had to do was click the Request Now button and enter income info to get a decision. The only problem I saw at first was that the e-mail was almost 2 weeks old and it said I needed to do it by October 31, but I figured I might as well try anyway.

So I tried for the increase..and it worked! Went from $5.5 k to $8k! Smiley Happy

I had about given up on getting an auto-CLI with them and didn't want to go for a HP attempt, so this was a welcome surprise.

Do you have a screen shot of the email? Sounds intriguing... 

Message 4 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats ! Especially nice because it comes from Chase ...and this example shows it is better not to ignore the SM from banks.....LOL

Message 5 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Very nice CLI Congrats !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Nice surprise, but why wouldn't they simply just give it to you?  Do you not use the card?  Is this a way to entice you to go back to using it?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 10
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

They asked the OP for income verification first.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 8 of 10
John02
New Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Nice surprise, but why wouldn't they simply just give it to you?  Do you not use the card?  Is this a way to entice you to go back to using it?

That's a good question. I do use the card and actually had just been using it quite a bit recently. I've also made some pretty good payments on it within the last 6 months to bring down utilization. I'm thinking the combination of solid payments, some good use (although not as good as some other cards) and decreased utilization helped.

I actually called them not too long ago (believe it was the backdoor number but can't recall 100%) and they said they couldn't do an increase at that time without a HP but that they do auto-reviews every 6 months and that was mine was coming up in October or November (I can't remember which month they said). I don't know if that call also helped put me into a list of potential candidates or was just a coincidence.

It could be they didn't just do an auto-CLI because they wanted to see if I actually wanted or not and since it seems like they don't give them out as some other cards this is a way of limiting it even more, but that's just speculation.

Also what someone else said about income verification was probably another reason to not do it automatically.

Message 9 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I really wish Chase would make this a polcy avail to most of their cardholders on file. I see them sp me like clockwork on a monthly basis! Yet they always want to hp how redic.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.