Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Recon - Approved!

I’ll start out by mentioning that I’m a college student who has recently become super interested in everything credit and responsible credit card usage, so naturally I was drawn to here. I’ve been lingering without an account, reading posts on the forum for months to get suggestions and advice which have allowed me to learn way more than I thought possible about everything.

Anyways, I have built a portfolio of 5 cards over the past couple years (4 of them in the past 3 months, definitely strict gardening for me now) and have been so determined to get a chase card and develop that relationship. I applied a month ago for the freedom, got denied, even after recon. Against my better judgement, I decided to app again today, since my utilization went down from 40% on the first app, to 15% now. I applied and got an instant denial, so then I called the corporate office and got transferred to an analyst. After many calls over the last month with the same denial speech, I braced myself to hear it again. But the lady was very nice and after a few questions on income and my payment history for my most recent card, I got approved for a $500 credit line! I know it’s a small limit but it’s a huge victory for me! Now I can sit back and garden my cards and be happy! Excited to start this journey on the forum and get involved!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon - Approved!

Congratulations 🎈 $500 is a great start!! At least you are in the door.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 15
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forum!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 15
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Nice job! Congrats!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! $500 is better than nothing! 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and getting in with Chase!!
Message 6 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations!

Always good to hear a successful recon story.

Message 7 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats and way to get your foot in the door!!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! I also recently apped for Chase FU despite knowing I'm probably not prepared for it, and got approved!

Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.