Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Recon—Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Recon—Success!

Approved for 5900 with 696 Experian. 20% util, 8 inq, 5th card this month (but none for the previous 24).

When asked why so many apps I said I wanted to maximize my cashback rewards. Was surprised by this approval.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Recon—Success!

Wow your app spree is legendary. Most want to beat 5/24 and here you go doing it in a monthSmiley Wink. Awesome limits too.i would not like to have to explain all my apps to chase they say they are like drill sergeants lol. No matter how good your credit, if they asked you this and still approved, you are on radar. Time to garden hardenSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the successful recon!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a bit of experience with Chase recon. It was no bueno.

Congrats on surviving the recon grilling, your successful spree, and a nice SL.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

s_e_e ... got'ta love your recon! Laid it on the line and Chase listened ... impressive! A true MyFicoer Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all.

Another question asked was do you have a payment plan for your current credit card debt (on a particular card)? I was able to honestly state that the card was paid off last week. Forgot to mention it was due to a BT.
I kept my cool—barely. Hope Chase does not read forums.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

5th card this month with one being from Barclays?  Mrs. Barclay probably won't like that.

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh no you didnt, oh yes you didSmiley Wink

LolWutSmiley Happy on Chase reading the forum. My bet is on yeah, know thy customer and their walletSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

5th card this month with one being from Barclays?  Mrs. Barclay probably won't like that.

Oh ... for "you have sinned" ... Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.