cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Surprise 2.5k Auto CLI!!!!

tag
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom Surprise 2.5k Auto CLI!!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

I was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card on July 1st, 2016. At that time my Chase Freedom card was at a $1,500 CL. Now when I signed into my Chase account, I noticed a $4,000 limit.

At first I was confused and thought they reduced my CSP limit since I was approved at $8,500. Then I realize they raised my Chase Freedom limit to $4,000.

This is amazing because I know how hard it is to get an Auto CLI from Chase it's like unreal. In December I had a $500 limit with my Chase Freedom and took an HP and requested 10k and then they boosted me up to an 1.5k CL, which was just an extra 1k CLI. Now without requesting, they gave me an auto 2.5k CLI.

This was so unexpected; I guess Chase can see my value a little more now that I've given up 2 HP's in the last 7 months. I'm still planning on downgrading the CSP to another Freedom after a year. This will just give me bigger limits with the two Freedom cards I will have. This also gives me more breathing room with my current Chase Freedom and help's the two AU's I have.

I can't say the same thing will happen to anyone else, but I think when Chase know's you deserve more and your not using one of their cards a ton and you then get a new one, that might have been the trigger. Also my yearly income went up, I hope these data points can help someone.

July 27th, 2016 Update:

I moved 1K from my Chase Sapphire Preferred since I already recieved my sign up bonus. Now my Chase Freedom card is up to 5K and it's eligible for Visa Signature status. Which makes my Chase Freedom only my second lowest CL. This is crazy really how quick this jump happened especially for Chase.

July 11th, 2016 Update:

Thank you for all the congrats, The Chase Freedom is my first credit card. I started with a $500 CL and I remember after the first 3 months, I was mad that I didn't get an Auto CLI. I was reading so much about people getting Auto CLI's after the first 3 months. Now I know it's about having a proven credit profile.

Chase isn't Discover card, they aren't trying to take chances with new card holders with short histories and give them big CL in the first 3 months. It takes time to build with Chase or you need to have a successful relationship with other credit cards. 

I remember when I did my CLI in December 2015, that process really opened my eyes, the person I was speaking with was really going over my credit profile and seeing how long, I was able to manage higher limits on my other credit cards. 

Chase will follow the leader, just find another credit card that will believe in you enough and stick with them for a while, then come back to Chase and you will be treated a little better most likely.

Updated Key Datapoints:

Build relationships with other credit cards.
Get SP CLI with other credit cards.
Chase plays follow the leader.
Stop using the card that you want an Auto CLI for everyday purchases.
On the other hand, you can try to use the card a lot and get a new card with Chase.

Key Datapoints:

Increased income reported
New Chase Credit Card approved with a much higher limit.
Previously requested a CLI.
Higher credit score.
The Chase Freedom card was my lowest limit and still is.

Thank you to the MyFico community, there's so much motivation that happens here. I only got my first credit card December 2014, so if this seems like bragging, it really isn't, it's just me being surprised by how well things are going, when they didn't have to go this way. Thank you for all the datapoints.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Surprise 2.5k Auto CLI!!!!

Congratulations on your success! Well done! Oh, and it is definitely not bragging.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your surprise auto CLI from Chase as well as on your new approval !Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy 4th to you as well!

And congrats! I hope they show me some love soon as well haha

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats!!

Message 5 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Oh okay this is a double post. Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeaseer wrote:

Happy 4th of July!!!

I was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card on July 1st, 2016. At that time my Chase Freedom card was at a $1,500 CL. Now when I signed into my Chase account, I noticed a $4,000 limit.

At first I was confused and thought they reduced my CSP limit since I was approved at $8,500. Then I realize they raised my Chase Freedom limit to $4,000.

This is amazing because I know how hard it is to get an Auto CLI from Chase it's like unreal. In December I had a $500 limit with my Chase Freedom and took an HP and requested 10k and then they boosted me up to an 1.5k CL, which was just an extra 1k CLI. Now without requesting, they gave me an auto 2.5k CLI.

This was so unexpected; I guess Chase can see my value a little more now that I've given up 2 HP's in the last 7 months. I'm still planning on downgrading the CSP to another Freedom after a year. This will just give me bigger limits with the two Freedom cards I will have. This also gives me more breathing room with my current Chase Freedom and help's the two AU's I have.

I can't say the same thing will happen to anyone else, but I think when Chase know's you deserve more and your not using one of their cards a ton and you then get a new one, that might have been the trigger. Also my yearly income went up, I hope these data points can help someone.

Key Datapoints:

Increased income reported
New Chase Credit Card approved with a much higher limit.
Previously requested a CLI.
Higher credit score.
The Chase Freedom card was my lowest limit and still is.

Thank you to the MyFico community, there's so much motivation that happens here. I only got my first credit card December 2014, so if this seems like bragging, it really isn't, it's just me being surprised by how well things are going, when they didn't have to go this way. Thank you for all the datapoints.

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 14
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the congrats, The Chase Freedom is my first credit card. I started with a $500 CL and I remember after the first 3 months, I was mad that I didn't get an Auto CLI. I was reading so much about people getting Auto CLI's after the first 3 months. Now I know it's about having a proven credit profile.

Chase isn't Discover, they aren't trying to take chances with new card holders with short histories and give them big CL in the first 3 months. It takes time to build with Chase or you need to have a successful relationship with other credit cards.

I remember when I did my CLI in December 2015, that process really opened my eyes, the person I was speaking with was really going over my credit profile and seeing how long, I was able to manage higher limits on my other credit cards.

Chase will follow the leader, just find another credit card that will believe in you enough and stick with them for a while, then come back to Chase and you will be treated a little better most likely.

Key Datapoints:

Build relationships with other credit cards.
Get SP CLI with other credit cards.
Chase plays follow the leader.
Stop using the card that you want an Auto CLI for everyday purchases.
On the other hand you can try to use the card a lot and get a new card with chase.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.