Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited $500 SL - 2nd card

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited $500 SL - 2nd card

Congrats on your approval!

Use the card, and PIF, and if Chase wants to give an auto CLI it’ll usually happen after the 3rd or 4th statement closes. If it happens at all. There’s no guarantee.

|  
Message 11 of 21
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

There is definitely no guarantee. P2 got a freedom with a good income and $500 SL almost a year ago. At the approval time her credit was good but she had high utilization on her CSP. Her utilization is much much lower now, with 760 scores, and not an auto cli. She uses it quite a bit and does not carry a balance. 

From everything I have read, Chase rarely does Auto CLIs. 

My own CSP I opened in last November has not received an auto cli, the card gets decent usage, always either small balance, or PIF. $11,700 credit limit. I've read similar reports here where people have had their cards for over 10 years without a cli. Definitely does not seem like a guarantee with Chase. 

Even HP do not seem worth it for increases. Best increases come with low utilization, strong score, and new cards. With Chase, at least you can move your credit lines between cards easily and via SM. 

Message 12 of 21
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited $500 SL

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Sweet, grats on getting it Smiley Happy

They like usage and typically grant auto CLI for such. With your limit it would be easy to charge and pay off multi times in a month.

Definitely dont have enough income to use it multiple times a month but I am going to take advantage of the new cardmember offer! Ill just use it as my main card rather than the Discover so it has a lot of usage on it and hopefully that will get me some auto CLIs

Congrats! The 5% back on groceries for a whole year is HUGE in my opinion.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CFU approval!

Great move to pick up all the Chase cards first because of 5/24.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen an auto CLI and my Chase Amazon Prime is definitely my highest utilized card of all. I guess patience will pay off.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

There is definitely no guarantee. P2 got a freedom with a good income and $500 SL almost a year ago. At the approval time her credit was good but she had high utilization on her CSP. Her utilization is much much lower now, with 760 scores, and not an auto cli. She uses it quite a bit and does not carry a balance. 

My own CSP I opened in last November has not received an auto cli, the card gets decent usage, always either small balance, or PIF. $11,700 credit limit. I've read similar reports here where people have had their cards for over 10 years without a cli. Definitely does not seem like a guarantee with Chase. 

Even HP do not seem worth it for increases. Best increases come with low utilization, strong score, and new cards. With Chase, at least you can move your credit lines between cards easily and via SM. 

Well im not very inclined to get another chase card if they give me super low limits and no CLIs haha. Kinda bummed that they dont really do CLIs so I might be stuck with $500 after wanting this card for so long lol

Message 16 of 21
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited $500 SL

@gdale6 wrote:

Sweet, grats on getting it Smiley Happy

They like usage and typically grant auto CLI for such. With your limit it would be easy to charge and pay off multi times in a month.

Even though all lenders may choose this way, I took the cheap way when lending with Chase. The freedom student guarantees a SP CLI if you meet 5-6 payments within 10 months of opening. Lets I'll know where Chase will be after squeezing my college expenses on the card for a good laugh when that SP CLI comes around.

Anyways, congratz OP & GL even though auto CLIs aren't always guaranteed.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 17 of 21
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Well im not very inclined to get another chase card if they give me super low limits and no CLIs haha. Kinda bummed that they dont really do CLIs so I might be stuck with $500 after wanting this card for so long lol

Well, nothing is stopping you in the future on applying for another card, keep it open for a year and then transfer the CL to the longest age card, if want to do that. Or picking another card that would benefit you in the future and hopefully, you can transfer some of the CL if planning to keep both open.

But, you have time to decide that option while looking at other cards.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ZackAttack wrote:

Well, nothing is stopping you in the future on applying for another card, keep it open for a year and then transfer the CL to the longest age card, if want to do that. Or picking another card that would benefit you in the future and hopefully, you can transfer some of the CL if planning to keep both open.

But, you have time to decide that option while looking at other cards.

I see a lot of people with high limits with the card so ill be optimistic for awhile and see if they give me an auto in the next 12 months. If not I guess its not a huge deal, I can just use it for my monthly subscriptions or something and use a different card for my regular purchases.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on the great Chase approval! Might be a small SL, but it'll (hopefully) grow!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.