Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

I've floated a few questions about this card on the boards here looking for advice about the "Green Check mark" on my offers for the CFU. My question was if it would be a hard pull. I also had an issue in that I was at 6/24... but all I had to do was fill out my Phone # and income.

Well I wanted the card for 0% BT for 15 mos and the 1.5% everyday....sooo I went for it and was instant approval for $9,500! Bad news I got an immediate ding on Experian...well crap, but that was OK since I got a good sl... 4 hours later here comes an alert for an HP on Transunion!!! Double crap!! So much for the green checkmark...Smiley Sad

But excited about the approval!Smiley LOL

Data: TCL 97.5k ( now $107.5k), AAoA 3.1yrs, util 10%<, scores as shown below, CSP almost 2 years old, CF 1 yr old.

I run 1.5-2k/mo through CSP..I had 2k BT 0% that I just paid off, so cards at zero..never ask for a cl on either card.

Let me know of any other questions!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

@Stryder wrote:

I've floated a few questions about this card on the boards here looking for advice about the "Green Check mark" on my offers for the CFU. My question was if it would be a hard pull. I also had an issue in that I was at 6/24... but all I had to do was fill out my Phone # and income.

Well I wanted the card for 0% BT for 15 mos and the 1.5% everyday....sooo I went for it and was instant approval for $9,500! Bad news I got an immediate ding on Experian...well crap, but that was OK since I got a good sl... 4 hours later here comes an alert for an HP on Transunion!!! Double crap!! So much for the green checkmark...Smiley Sad

But excited about the approval!Smiley LOL

Data: TCL 97.5k ( now $107.5k), AAoA 3.1yrs, util 10%<, scores as shown below, CSP almost 2 years old, CF 1 yr old.

I run 1.5-2k/mo through CSP..I had 2k BT 0% that I just paid off, so cards at zero..never ask for a cl on either card.

Let me know of any other questions!

Congrats on the approval.  Very nice SL for that card. Chase routinely double pulls for credit applications.  Has happened to me everytime that I have applied for one.  Not quite sure what you mean about the green check marks.  That just represents a solid preapproval but they still are going to pull credit reports.  Chae doesn't grant credit cards via SPs like Amex does.  

Message 2 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats Irish! Somehow I either forgot or didn't realize Chase double pulls. Although the Freedom I have had for a good while and it is the only Chase card I have, so maybe that is why it didn't ring a bell. Nice starting limit makes it worth it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 10
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

I knew they did when I got the my first card, the CSP, but I thought they would maybe only do one on my third (I think they only did one on my freedom). On the green checkmark, I was just trying to find out what you just explained... no biggie...I was just being a little flippant with my remark. Thanks for your input Irish! I am happy with the sl!

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a nice slSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

It depends on your location. I’m in CA and Chase has only pulled Experian for my Sapphire Preferred and my green check mark freedom unlimited.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval and a nice SL.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Chase TriFecta!!!! Thats another reason to be excited too!
Message 8 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Awesome SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approvals
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.