Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

My Story,

After reading a few stories here I decided to sign up for the Chase Credit Journey score. It showed that my score was at 650. To my surprise it gave me an offer for a few cards including the Freedom Unlimited, I jumped on it faster than a rabbit going for a carrot. 

I was approved for the Freedom unlimited with a $4300 credit limit.

The reason I was surprised is that I have two 30 days late on all three reports from Capitol One, I got that in December. Also one charge off on my Experian report that will fall off next year in June. I checked my Experian report through discover and it shows my FICO at 630.

I also applied for Samsung credit for $1100 two days ago an was declined.

My current cards are now 

Freedom Unlimited - $4300 

Capitol One Quiksilver One - $750 opened 2017

Capitol One Platinum Secured - $750 opened 2015

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

Congrats on the approval! That's a pretty good SL as well.
Any DPs? What bureau was pulled?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an alert that they pulled from TransUnion . My score with them is 656.

I have no previous relationship with chase

When I applied for the Samsung credit it showed that they pulled from Experian (it was for a phone). When I applied for the same phone through Verizon I don't show a pull, I have been with them for over ten years and was approved.

I looked up what DPs and from my best guess it means Data Points, I still don't know what that means, an explanation would be helpful to better answer your question.

A little more about my background .

utilization = 9%

Base Income = 60k

Inquireries = 7.  Two this year

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and great SL!

Message 5 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on a very nice introduction to Chase!

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I looked up what DPs and from my best guess it means Data Points, I still don't know what that means, an explanation would be helpful to better answer your question ...

My first 2+ months here I always kept a seperate browser window open to this page -- so many darn abbreviations to learn! As to your question: it seems you've got the answer -- data, unique to you, that is used in the UW process, such as CRA used, FICO scores, Util, Inq, Inc, etc. This data helps subsequent users make informed decisions on whether or not they should also apply. Thus, it's very valuable. So thanks for adding yours!

And Congrats! Je1 for your great approval with Chase. Now might be a good time to see if Cap1 wants to offer you a better deal.  

Message 7 of 27
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Congrats, nice starting limit.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently too parenoid about having to many inquireries to ask capitol one for anything. I think I'll just sit on the cap1 cards for a few months and use the Chase as my primary.

I'm still going through the process of rebuilding my credit. I had about thirty derogatorys across the three credit beurous a couple of years ago. Most of them hit the SOL. I also forgot to make a payment to cap1 in November of last year that caused my score to fall from about 660 to the mid 400s.

I sent a couple of Goodwill's but no responce. I really don't want to push my luck.

I was eying the freedom unlimited cause of the 0% introductory, no annual fee, and the cash back.
I like the QS1 because I use it alot and the cash back cancells out the annual fee.
The one card I do want is the Amazon prime because I do most my shopping online and spend around 10-12k a year through them.
Message 9 of 27
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.